S10 or S10+ or Note 10 or Note 10+ or S20 or S20+ for replacing S8+

thefinalepic

Currently have a S8+, screen cracked due to me dropping it and its my fault. Its a perfectly capable phone but the crack is getting to me. Anybody can help me choose a high end phone? Also alternatives to those I listed is also fine. No Apple though, only Android phones.

28 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I've been very happy with my S10, had it since September 2019.

Definitely leaning toward the s10 at this point or s20 just for the 5g and just somewhat better software support (cause samsung has a bad track record of updating os of older phones)

56 minutes ago, thefinalepic said:

Currently have a S8+, screen cracked due to me dropping it and its my fault. Its a perfectly capable phone but the crack is getting to me. Anybody can help me choose a high end phone? Also alternatives to those I listed is also fine. No Apple though, only Android phones.

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_9t_pro-9791.php

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_k20_pro_premium-9884.php

I like my phones without holes in the screen.

1 hour ago, thefinalepic said:

crack is getting to me. Anybody can help

Screen are easy to replace, just youtube the cell and the step by step process with be found.

26 minutes ago, greenmax said:

Screen are easy to replace, just youtube the cell and the step by step process with be found.

Not really on a curved S8+ screen tho, besides being really hard to remove safely the mounting is really hard to get right and the screen itself is also very expensive. Like double of similar flat screen.

But as for what phone to getfor the OP, i dont know. Personaly im waiting till this summer to see if the Note20 will be a big difference and if its good ill get that else the Note10.
I can wait, still using my S6e+ Whats another couple months.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

I just cracked my screen today, I will just put a clear sticker on it to save fingers from shavings, look into a diy screen jobby and put up with the crack for a few months. Otherwise I will buy a new $150 free and clear cell.

5 hours ago, thefinalepic said:

just for the 5g 

I wouldn't worry about this just yet, it's going to be a long time before the infrastructure is in place and working well enough for it to be a noticeable improvement over 4G.

I think the S20 line is too expensive for what it is and with the pathetic support cycle on samsung flagships (and pretty much all android phones) I think paying full price for one is lunacy. If you can get a note 10+ with a nice discount that would be my suggestion, or the regular S10 if you dont like the larger size.

9 hours ago, thefinalepic said:

wow that's a roller coaster ride of a title. wouldn't bother with the S20, expensive for a 120Hz screen and 5G which isn't everywhere and isn't much faster outside of the mm wave which is unreliable and only in the ultra. 

Have you considered the Pixel 4 and XL? 

I mean you can't get the BEST phone out now because no apple so ;) 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

I'm Note fan boy since version one. Got new Note10+ last summer and it's best Note model for now rly. But only if you are not looking for price = value, ther's defentely better power per $ with other manufacturers.

12 hours ago, thefinalepic said:

If it were my money I'd get an S20+.  It'll be more futureproof through more software updates, greater performance and better cameras.  With that said, it's certainly pricey.  If you can't justify that, get an S10+ and accept that you'll probably only get one major OS update.  It's still a good phone, it's just older.

12 hours ago, thefinalepic said:

How much are you willing to spend

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10