Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DrakeLuce

TouchStadia: You can now play Stadia on Android with on-screen controls!

Posted · Original PosterOP

Articles: The Verge, Android Central, 9to5Google, XDA Developers, Android Police, Android Headlines, and Stadia Source

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/f8e33w/touchstadia_you_can_now_play_stadia_on_android/

Hi folks!

I recently got TouchStadia working for Android, and it seems that many people are enjoying being able to play Stadia with on-screen controls! I think that TouchStadia works pretty well, though I am obviously biased as the developer. I hope that you're able to give it a shot if you have a Stadia account, and to draw your own conclusions about it! Here's a video of TouchStadia working on Android:

spacer.png

Here are some quotes from the linked articles:

The Verge:

TouchStadia adds a controller directly to your phone’s screen, essentially turning any game into a touch-based experience. Although it’s hard to replicate the feeling of a controller or keyboard, especially for games that require precision, it’s a worthwhile substitution for those who are looking for a fast and easy fix. The feature has to be enabled manually in Chrome on Android and installed via an extension while browsing in desktop mode; its GitHub page has full instructions.

9to5Google:

TouchStadia is built on web technology, using browser APIs to create a touchable visual overlay over your Google Stadia stream, adding buttons and making the left and right halves of the screen into giant invisible thumbsticks. To make this possible, TouchStadia requires you to use Google Stadia’s web app instead of the Android app, which means there’s no restriction on what phone you can play from.

XDA Developers:

Granted, using on-screen controls is an inferior experience to using a dedicated hardware controller. But having the option itself is a massive plus point, and Google failed to provide this option. Imposing limitations was the theme around Stadia’s rollout, so this wasn’t entirely surprising.

I hope posting content created by myself is appropriate in this forum! Cheers!

No thanks.

Make sure to Quote or mention me (@Pascal...) if you want me to see your reply or Content such as Status Updates, Threads, Album entries or Blog Posts.

If you have any questions regarding Switzerland and its relations to the global community feel free to PM or tag me in any Thread.

Have a nice day !

Phone: Oppo Reno 2Z 128GB in luminous Black

Game Console: Nintendo Switch Lite in Grey w/ Avantree C51 Bluethooth adapter for the Headphones

Headphones: Sony WH-H900N in Grey

IoT Devices: Raspberry Pi 4 4GB w/ armor case 

Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2S in Blue

Mousepad: Logitech G840

Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB

Display: Dell P2416D

Temporary PC as of right now:

Case: HP Tower

Mobo: HP Custom

CPU: i5 3570 @ 3.4GHz

RAM: 14GB of DDR3 @ 1666MHz

GPU: Nvidia Quadro FX 1800

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB

PSU: HP Custom 350W

Other Tech:

Scooter: Xiaomi Mi Pro Electric Scooter

Toothbrush: Xiaomi Mi Electric Toothbrush

Lighting in my room: 3x Xiaomi Yeelight Smart RGB light bulbs

I can see the use in this but stadia still has two problems for me

1: the latency is insane

2: it’s google.  They data mine.

It is a step forward but The two top ones remain deal breakers.  It doesn’t matter how awesome other features of stadia might be, until the other problems get addressed it just doesn’t matter.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

The Stadia service itself is not great. But good effort on the dev.

This has always been the spirit of Android development - porting and translating stuff for Android users.

Now instead of having to be stuck in the living room to play Stadia games, we can play it on a mobile device anywhere with good internet.

No idea how well it will perform with weak phones though. Might fizz up like the Chromecast.

Its baffling Google don't have a proper client for its own consumer platform.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

No. 

Ryzen 7 3800X | X570 Aorus Elite | G.Skill 16GB 3200MHz C16 | Radeon RX 5700 XT | Samsung 850 PRO 256GB | Mouse: Zowie S1 | OS: Windows 10

I thought that Stadia finally worked on non-Pixel phones at first.

Naw, just touch controls.

Mechanical keyboard aficionado, professional fox

Mechanical Keyboard Club | Don't buy "gaming" keyboards, yo

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

Be proud of who you are.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

Stadia is still a thing?

Still? Are you implying that it was a thing at some point?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:35 PM, Bombastinator said:

I can see the use in this but stadia still has two problems for me

1: the latency is insane

2: it’s google.  They data mine.

It is a step forward but The two top ones remain deal breakers.  It doesn’t matter how awesome other features of stadia might be, until the other problems get addressed it just doesn’t matter.

have you tried it? i've been playing since launch and latency has never been an issue for me

@Nowak they expanded it to galaxy phones since the s8 as well as the rog and razr phones

HP Envy x360 R5 2500U • GooglPixel 3 XL Clearly White 

You could say I'm pretty keen on Google and AMD.