Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
404usrnmntfnd

Help me...

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey all! I need some help picking a budget laptop for light browsing and light productivity. No gaming, no editing.

You can see what I’m considering here

and vote here.

Thanks all

All 4 linked 'laptops' are just lines of laptops, not a specific model.

Can't comment on the specifics. Just be sure not to get Windows 10S, unless you know you can upgrade to Home.

250GB SSD minimum, Intel Core i3 or Ryzen 3 minimum, IMO. 8GB preferred. Actually, if it's a 4GB RAM laptop, you should upgrade to 8GB. So 8GB minimum. 

The Acer Spin 1 laptops feel kind frail, Dell are a bit better and the Surface GO devices are solid, but the it's not a fair comparison to the others, since the keyboard is not hard attached to the screen. Never heard of that other brand.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, minibois said:

All 4 linked 'laptops' are just lines of laptops, not a specific model.

Can't comment on the specifics. Just be sure not to get Windows 10S, unless you know you can upgrade to Home.

250GB SSD minimum, Intel Core i3 or Ryzen 3 minimum, IMO. 8GB preferred. Actually, if it's a 4GB RAM laptop, you should upgrade to 8GB. So 8GB minimum. 

The Acer Spin 1 laptops feel kind frail, Dell are a bit better and the Surface GO devices are solid, but the it's not a fair comparison to the others, since the keyboard is not hard attached to the screen. Never heard of that other brand.

Thx buddy. I’m going for the cheapest model on each. I’m going for only a storage upgrade. My budget is less then $500

10 minutes ago, 404usrnmntfnd said:

Thx buddy. I’m going for the cheapest model on each. I’m going for only a storage upgrade. My budget is less then $500

In that case, please just list the laptops specs you're going for. Instead of making everyone here dig through 5 links and configuring a laptop.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous