Ryzen 5 + RTX 2060

Famouscooldude

Hi guys,

These few weeks I’ve been messing around with my pc and buying different things for it. I have a ryzen 5 2600x and had a GTX 1060. I have now upgraded to a RTX 2060. Should this GPU be paired with this CPU. I have 16gb of memory as-well. I don’t know if I made the right choice and now need to upgrade my CPU. 

Many thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Famouscooldude said:

Hi guys,

These few weeks I’ve been messing around with my pc and buying different things for it. I have a ryzen 5 2600x and had a GTX 1060. I have now upgraded to a RTX 2060. Should this GPU be paired with this CPU. I have 16gb of memory as-well. I don’t know if I made the right choice and now need to upgrade my CPU. 

Many thanks. 

Totally fine. What speed is your ram?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

You should be fine with that Ryzen 5 2600x CPU for at least the next few years, and probably longer than that.

And 16GB memory is plenty, so don't worry about that. 

Hardware and Overclocking Enthusiast