Which one should i choose

Im currently planning on a new build,and I am thinking whether i should get a i5 9100f with a 1070 or a i3 9100f with a 1080

2 minutes ago, LeDetructor said:

Im currently planning on a new build,and I am thinking whether i should get a i5 9100f with a 1070 or a i3 9100f with a 1080

Hello,

What is your budget ? Would you consider AMD ?

Also only the i3 is 9100f.

10 minutes ago, LeDetructor said:

i5 9100f with a 1070 or a i3 9100f with a 1080

i5 9100F and i3 9100F? I think you mistyped there buddy. Anyways, this build is gonna be severely bottlenecked by the CPU no matter if you put a 1070 or a 1080 in it. If you start to play games that under normal circumstances will make the GPU work hard you will find that your CPU will be instantly pinned at 100% and the GPU not performing to spec. Consider either downgrading GPU or upgrading CPU.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Hello,

What is your budget ? Would you consider AMD ?

Also only the i3 is 9100f.

i meant 9400f or 9100f

The GPU will bottleneck the CPU, maybe look at a same cost AMD more cores and threats 

A thing to consider is also which other hardware you already have. Are you planning on putting the cpu and gpu into another computer with already purchased hardware thus this will be an upgrade, or are you buying all new hardware? If the latter is the case, I would go for something AMD as it seems to be the better bang for buck choice these days.

1 minute ago, Takuan said:

A thing to consider is also which other hardware you already have. Are you planning on putting the cpu and gpu into another computer with already purchased hardware thus this will be an upgrade, or are you buying all new hardware? If the latter is the case, I would go for something AMD as it seems to be the better bang for buck choice these days.

I was thinking about that too but the prices in Malaysia for Ryzen isnt looking well,The ryzen 5 3600 is like 880 and the i5 9400f with a h310m mobu is 820

Well in that case go for the 9400f as it has two more cores. It will perhaps benefit you more in the long run, and the system will last longer (future proofing). The thing to consider is also the price. If they are priced similar, go for the 9400f. If the price difference is huge go for the 9100f. They perform similar, but the 9400f has two more cores.

Edited by Takuan
no overclocking

24 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

i5 9100F and i3 9100F? I think you mistyped there buddy. Anyways, this build is gonna be severely bottlenecked by the CPU no matter if you put a 1070 or a 1080 in it. If you start to play games that under normal circumstances will make the GPU work hard you will find that your CPU will be instantly pinned at 100% and the GPU not performing to spec. Consider either downgrading GPU or upgrading CPU.

a locked 6 core will do pretty well with a 1070/1080 imo and won't be a bottleneck in most cases.

that said, the 9400 is still a bad value proposition. 

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

a locked 6 core will do pretty well with a 1070/1080 imo and won't be a bottleneck in most cases.

that said, the 9400 is still a bad value proposition. 

I made this statement before the correction. So I was talking about the i3 9100F. That CPU will definetly bottleneck the system.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok I found that the ryzen 5 2600 is like 80 cheaper than the 9400f,Is it a better choirce for gaming?Or should i stick with the 9100f

If we are looking at the CPU only, it would depend on the price. The performance seems similar perhaps with minor better performance on the intel. If it is also the cheapest one, then get the intel. I don't think you will go wrong with either.

So whats the final recommendation,Give me like 10 processors that u thiunk will fit with a 1070 or 1080