NZXT C Series PSU

LS1iFiEd

Anyone have any experience with these? I know they are made by Seasonic but are they the older Focus Plus units that have issues or the Newer ones? They seem to just hit the market so hopefully they are based off of the Newer (Fixed) units. I would just buy one of the Newer Seasonic units but they don’t seem to be available yet. Looking to upgrade want to stay under $150. 

5 minutes ago, LS1iFiEd said:

Looking to upgrade want to stay under $150. 

What are you powering?

NZXT's offerings in just about every product segment is pretty overpriced, $150 is a ton to get a real good PSU. Even the fixed focus GX isn't worth that much.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

What are you powering?

NZXT's offerings in just about every product segment is pretty overpriced, $150 is a ton to get a real good PSU. Even the fixed focus GX isn't worth that much.

In the process of an upgrade either 9900K or 3900X and a 2080 Super, the usual NVME, SATA SSD, 5 Fans

2 minutes ago, LS1iFiEd said:

In the process of an upgrade either 9900K or 3900X and a 2080 Super, the usual NVME, SATA SSD, 5 Fans

The only things that actually matter are the GPU and CPU btw, the rest is irrelevant.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

from what i've heard at nzxt it's likely a gx, or a fx without the current monitoring, but nothing is confirmed by shots or anything

so i can only estimate

I found PX and GX which is the New Units on BH Photo. What about Corsair RMx line?

3 hours ago, LS1iFiEd said:

RM650X would be a good call. Are you getting the NZXT unit because they come in white? If so, consider the white RMX

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Are you getting the NZXT unit because they come in white?

they do?

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

they do?

Ah no, their Hale 90 V2 does not not this one I guess. Most NZXT stuff has a white version so I'm surprised this one doesn't

Primary PC:

50 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Most NZXT stuff has a white version so I'm surprised this one doesn't

i know they're very open about feedback, so you can always suggest them

I appreciate the responses. I was only looking at the NZXT unit because I know they partnered with Seasonic and I was hoping it was the newer design. As I stated I’m in the middle of an upgrade and I currently have a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750 but after reading some of the recent findings about the OCP I figured I would upgrade. I would prefer to get another Seasonic since I’ve never had an issue with them but I’m open to other solid units as well.