Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LS1iFiEd

NZXT C Series PSU

Posted · Original PosterOP

Anyone have any experience with these? I know they are made by Seasonic but are they the older Focus Plus units that have issues or the Newer ones? They seem to just hit the market so hopefully they are based off of the Newer (Fixed) units. I would just buy one of the Newer Seasonic units but they don’t seem to be available yet. Looking to upgrade want to stay under $150. 

5 minutes ago, LS1iFiEd said:

Looking to upgrade want to stay under $150. 

What are you powering?

NZXT's offerings in just about every product segment is pretty overpriced, $150 is a ton to get a real good PSU. Even the fixed focus GX isn't worth that much.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 threadSeasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

What are you powering?

NZXT's offerings in just about every product segment is pretty overpriced, $150 is a ton to get a real good PSU. Even the fixed focus GX isn't worth that much.

In the process of an upgrade either 9900K or 3900X and a 2080 Super, the usual NVME, SATA SSD, 5 Fans

2 minutes ago, LS1iFiEd said:

In the process of an upgrade either 9900K or 3900X and a 2080 Super, the usual NVME, SATA SSD, 5 Fans

The only things that actually matter are the GPU and CPU btw, the rest is irrelevant.

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

from what i've heard at nzxt it's likely a gx, or a fx without the current monitoring, but nothing is confirmed by shots or anything

so i can only estimate

PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

3 hours ago, LS1iFiEd said:

RM650X would be a good call. Are you getting the NZXT unit because they come in white? If so, consider the white RMX

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 threadSeasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Are you getting the NZXT unit because they come in white?

they do?

PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Primary PC:

Spoiler

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

they do?

Ah no, their Hale 90 V2 does not not this one I guess. Most NZXT stuff has a white version so I'm surprised this one doesn't

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

50 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Most NZXT stuff has a white version so I'm surprised this one doesn't

i know they're very open about feedback, so you can always suggest them

Primary PC:

Spoiler

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

I appreciate the responses. I was only looking at the NZXT unit because I know they partnered with Seasonic and I was hoping it was the newer design. As I stated I’m in the middle of an upgrade and I currently have a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750 but after reading some of the recent findings about the OCP I figured I would upgrade. I would prefer to get another Seasonic since I’ve never had an issue with them but I’m open to other solid units as well.