Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tesco value smurf

How to use windows 7 on intel 8th gen?

Just now, tesco value smurf said:

Your saying this has to do with windows update? Yes i have updates disabled.

then, that is the reason for that notification to be there. it shows that things are overridden. (this is usually by group policy, which is why it says "your organization")

if that is your sole reason for trying to run windows 7 on 8th gen, you need to reconsider. it's defenately possible, but you'll be in for such a world of annoyance you may actually start craving your silly notification again.

Posted · Original PosterOP

After concluding there is no way to get rid of this: image.png.ba4040743483ab9b2786290a055cd629.png ive just decided to use windows 7. How can i get windows 7 to run on an intel i3 8350k? I know intel cut support for windows 7 with the 8th gen of cpu's but there has to be some sort of bios mod or something i can do.

Not supported by Microsoft, not supported by Intel, and you want to use it because you can't change some settings?

Try using OOSU10, it uses the organization management functions to disable telemetry, updates, cortana etc. It can also turn everything back on.

I'm a bit confused. You can't get rid of that so you want to go to windows 7? Is this computer for personal use or school/work? 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

Just now, Curious Pineapple said:

Not supported by Microsoft, not supported by Intel, and you want to use it because you can't change some settings?

Try using OOSU10, it uses the organization management functions to disable telemetry, updates, cortana etc. It can also turn everything back on.

I dont need it to be supported, ive been running windows 10 with no firewall and all the defender settings disabled i can disable for months without issues, ive tried useing shutup 10 to fix my issues but that hasnt worked. Can someone help me install windows 7?

Just now, Creed1 said:

I'm a bit confused. You can't get rid of that so you want to go to windows 7? Is this computer for personal use or school/work? 

This is a custom built computer, and its more than just that, im getting so fed up with windows 10, after months of dealing with its bs i am done.

I once rode my bike through the middle of town at near 100 MPH, not being dead doesn't mean it's advisable.

Just now, Curious Pineapple said:

I once rode my bike through the middle of town at near 100 MPH, not being dead doesn't mean it's advisable.

I use an adblocker and i dont go to russian websites trying to download free games, thats enough security for me.

1 minute ago, tesco value smurf said:

I use an adblocker and i dont go to russian websites trying to download free games, thats enough security for me.

Sounds safe to me ?

that screenshot, is something you did. all computers we manage at work have that, because we surpress some functions of windows update.

you didnt, by any chance, run some software that surpresses some of the less "advanced user"-friendly aspects of windows 10, right?

Just now, manikyath said:

that screenshot, is something you did. all computers we manage at work have that, because we surpress some functions of windows update.

you didnt, by any chance, run some software that surpresses some of the less "advanced user"-friendly aspects of windows 10, right?

Posted · Best Answer

then, that is the reason for that notification to be there. it shows that things are overridden. (this is usually by group policy, which is why it says "your organization")

if that is your sole reason for trying to run windows 7 on 8th gen, you need to reconsider. it's defenately possible, but you'll be in for such a world of annoyance you may actually start craving your silly notification again.

That sucks. Its my computer that i built with parts that i paid for, i should be able to use it how i want without microsoft telling me otherwise, if useing windows 7 is as bad as you suggest it is, alright. But this os still sucks, only reason im not useing linux rn is because it hardly supports any apps i use.

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i disabled any deferring of windows updates and my machine is completely up to date. i still cant acsess my settings.

i disabled any deferring of windows updates and my machine is completely up to date. i still cant acsess my settings.

exactly which ones are overridden? and did you ever run software that disables parts of windows update or telemetry?

4 minutes ago, tesco value smurf said:

That sucks. Its my computer that i built with parts that i paid for, i should be able to use it how i want without microsoft telling me otherwise, if useing windows 7 is as bad as you suggest it is, alright. But this os still sucks, only reason im not useing linux rn is because it hardly supports any apps i use.

Since windows 7 is no longer officially supported you will sooner rather than later also run into the issues you have with linux. All but old versions of applications will work and if these need online communication to work they will get removed from the supported list too.

exactly which ones are overridden? and did you ever run software that disables parts of windows update or telemetry?

image.png.af3836a1fbeccc5c863f33ea305e181f.png

ive run shutup 10 before but i disabled deferring of windows updates, and i just checked for updates, it says im up to date.

1 minute ago, tesco value smurf said:

image.png.af3836a1fbeccc5c863f33ea305e181f.png

ive run shutup 10 before but i disabled deferring of windows updates, and i just checked for updates, it says im up to date.

that's shutup 10's doing then. and presumably you dont want to set diagnostic to full, so there's not much reason to change it.

(if it happes to be on full, i'll see if i can dig up the powershell commands for you)

that's shutup 10's doing then. and presumably you dont want to set diagnostic to full, so there's not much reason to change it.

(if it happes to be on full, i'll see if i can dig up the powershell commands for you)

Dont waste your time, its not worth that much trouble, last time i messed with powershell i had to reinstall windows, it may be that windows isnt activated, for some reason moving your network card to a diffrent PCIE slot messes up your key (which as luck may have it i dont have/remember).

See if the board has official drivers and download them, the processor *is* compatible and it will work even when microsoft says the opposite (just marketing so ppl download 10) so you'll need this patch as well https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc/releases

If the mobo doesn't has official drivers install generic ones for the audio and network

I tend to reply with memes because I lack social skills and don't know how to express myself correctly.

17 hours ago, tesco value smurf said:

Dont waste your time, its not worth that much trouble, last time i messed with powershell i had to reinstall windows, it may be that windows isnt activated, for some reason moving your network card to a diffrent PCIE slot messes up your key (which as luck may have it i dont have/remember).

Yes, a non activated Windows install WILL lock you out of some settings. I swapped my drive between machines and just run the activation troubleshooter and it worked fine, several times. Not activated and you used SU10, my first suggestion was to use SU10 to turn every feature back on.

User error not the OS at fault here.

4 hours ago, Curious Pineapple said:

Yes, a non activated Windows install WILL lock you out of some settings. I swapped my drive between machines and just run the activation troubleshooter and it worked fine, several times. Not activated and you used SU10, my first suggestion was to use SU10 to turn every feature back on.

User error not the OS at fault here.

Only personalisation options are blocked in non activated windows 10 installs and even the main settings menu would state that the copy isn't activated (not to mention that piece of text on the lower right side of the screen that keeps telling you to go into settings to activate windows).