Combine cpe 210 and cpe510 to get 600mbps?

Shadow_Storm56

If you had two cpe 510s sending and two cpe 510s recieving which each have a max speed of 300mbps going into the same switch is there any reason it wouldn't get a total speed of 600mbps? 510 and 210 going to 510 and 210 or 2 of the same going to 2 of the same. Or would it make some kind of weird loop..

You can't just have 2 of them into the same switch for more speed. If you just run them between the same switch you will get a loop and bad things will happen if you don't have anything setup to deal with that.

You can setup bonding or some other things to make them work as one, but its probaby better to just get a sinlge faster link.

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can't just have 2 of them into the same switch for more speed. If you just run them between the same switch you will get a loop and bad things will happen if you don't have anything setup to deal with that.

You can setup bonding or some other things to make them work as one, but its probaby better to just get a sinlge faster link.

Faster links are a thing but literally 5x the price if not more. My pc has 2 ethernet ports I wonder if I could plug the feed from each into thoes ports and have the combined speed without a loop? Bridging the connections? 

If you do it correctly with a router and ECMP you can get near-linear increases, assuming both paths are the same.

What you described isn't very viable, most layer 2 load balancing will hash per connection so it's not as straightforward as 300+300=600

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

1 hour ago, beersykins said:

If you do it correctly with a router and ECMP you can get near-linear increases, assuming both paths are the same.

What you described isn't very viable, most layer 2 load balancing will hash per connection so it's not as straightforward as 300+300=600

it is literally a cpe510 and a cpe210 coming off a switch going to a cpe510 and a cpe210 going into a switch. I have not set anything up yet that is just the plan with the parts I have llaying around, even if I get 500mbps or 450 would be a nice combination. Either that or they feed into 2 different ports on my main pc... whatever is easier to setup. if they both are impossible then ill just say screw it and forget about doing that, just run with the 300mbps until I find a better plan. If anyone has any easy idea of how to do this or an optionn of a 600mbps or gigabit point to point thats not like 800 usd.... that would help. 

3 hours ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

coming off a switch

3 hours ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

going into a switch

5 hours ago, beersykins said:

layer 2 load balancing

;)

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C