Can a encoder gpu effect the performance

I decided to put my hd 7570 in my system as a encoder with a rx 470 as the main gpu but when I did this I noticed significant frame drops is it the drivers effecting cpu usage should this be happening if so does anyone know why 

7570 is different generation compared to rx 470, different video encoders, different drivers (though same package, they would use different files) , different code paths. different ways of talking to the encoders on the cards.

if you play on your rx 470 but wish to encode on the 7570, obs captures the frames on rx 470 , downloads frames from video card, mixes them with the overlays or whatever, uploads into the 7570, waits for encoder to convert , downloads from card, then uploads to internet... an extra complication.

On 2/23/2020 at 5:00 PM, mariushm said:

7570 is different generation compared to rx 470, different video encoders, different drivers (though same package, they would use different files) , different code paths. different ways of talking to the encoders on the cards.

if you play on your rx 470 but wish to encode on the 7570, obs captures the frames on rx 470 , downloads frames from video card, mixes them with the overlays or whatever, uploads into the 7570, waits for encoder to convert , downloads from card, then uploads to internet... an extra complication.

But I get a performance hit even when I’m not streaming or recording