Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marre77

B450-f with amd ryzen 3600X

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello everyone. So heres the thing,

I have bought all my pc parts accept the cpu and ram.

As i have seen the ryzen 3600X works with the rox strix B450-f gaming mother board.

Here is something to note, it does have 3000 ryzen desktop ready. But would it still work since its not made for it. 

Or should i get a 2 gen ryzen?

My specs:

Rog strix rx5700

32gb 3600 mhz ram

B450-f mob

850 watt power supply

1tb ssd

corsair spec-06 case

Thank yall for any answers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marre77 said:

As i have seen the ryzen 3600X works with the rox strix B450-f gaming mother board.

Here is something to note, it does have 3000 ryzen desktop ready. But would it still work since its not made for it. 

Or should i get a 2 gen ryzen?

If it works with it.. Doesn't that mean it is made for it..?

The 'F' boards from ASUS are specifically AMD Ryzen 3000 ready, so of course it will work.

 

2nd gen Ryzen is also still pretty decent, the 3600X is a lot better though. 

 

Just get a 3600X or 3600.


I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, minibois said:

If it works with it.. Doesn't that mean it is made for it..?

The 'F' boards from ASUS are specifically AMD Ryzen 3000 ready, so of course it will work.

 

2nd gen Ryzen is also still pretty decent, the 3600X is a lot better though. 

 

Just get a 3600X or 3600.

ok thanks. But the only thing is that im worried since the specs that it can output. Since its not all about Bios. 

I can't run the best cpus like threadripper on a cheap mother board. so thats what im worried about. Because its older than the 3 gen ryzen. But it has less cores though so it shouldn't be a problem. Right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marre77 said:

ok thanks. But the only thing is that im worried since the specs that it can output. Since its not all about Bios. 

I can't run the best cpus like threadripper on a cheap mother board. so thats what im worried about. Because its older than the 3 gen ryzen. But it has less cores though so it shouldn't be a problem. Right? 

I would suggest anything above a Ryzen 5 3600X on that motherboard, but a 3600X will work fine.

At the moment I am not understanding your reference to Threadripper, because that's an entirely different socket. 


I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, minibois said:

I would suggest anything above a Ryzen 5 3600X on that motherboard, but a 3600X will work fine.

At the moment I am not understanding your reference to Threadripper, because that's an entirely different socket. 

Of course but i mean of what the max that mob can output. But isn't the cpu better than the gpu can performe since the graphics is the most important. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marre77 said:

Of course but i mean of what the max that mob can output. But isn't the cpu better than the gpu can performe since the graphics is the most important. 

Check out the Motherboard tier list in my signature. that should answer your questions.


QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

 

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List

 

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4 - I lost my pen so I convince myself I don't need it

 

"Sometimes I just buy computer hardware with no practical use for it, maybe I'm weird"

-Galileo Galilei, 1604

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×