Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aaralli

Are asiahorse cable extensions good?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am building a new PC, but taking the old non modular power supply over from my old PC. I want to get cable extensions so that my new PC looks somewhat decent. The case I've chosen is the Thermaltake Core P1. Will Asiahorse Cable Extensions on amazon be good for this case? Also, I've seen different reviews say that they come with cable combs, and other reviews say that they don't. Which is it?

1 minute ago, Aaralli said:

Asiahorse Cable Extensions on amazon

I'd look into if its a legit brand, or something coming out of a basement.

1 hour ago, greenmax said:

I'd look into if its a legit brand, or something coming out of a basement.

They are legit.

1 hour ago, Aaralli said:

I am building a new PC, but taking the old non modular power supply over from my old PC. I want to get cable extensions so that my new PC looks somewhat decent. The case I've chosen is the Thermaltake Core P1. Will Asiahorse Cable Extensions on amazon be good for this case? Also, I've seen different reviews say that they come with cable combs, and other reviews say that they don't. Which is it?

Look at some video reviews, physically see for yourself. Also look at the package description on whichever website you're buying from. Some packs may have combs, some may not.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x (4.35GHz)  |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: CM ML240R  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Just now, Statik said:

They are legit.

Are they Amazon company branded?

I never heard of them myself, though I dont follow.

1 hour ago, greenmax said:

Are they Amazon company branded?

I never heard of them myself, though I dont follow.

I don't know what that means. And they're like a cheaper sleeving quality. PaulsHardware has reviewed them I believe.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x (4.35GHz)  |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: CM ML240R  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Oh I just meant, Amazon themselves have branded items. Its like Bestbuy has their house brand, same with Radio shack, though Amazon would have house brands for clothing, office products, beauty products etc.

Dont matter.

Just now, greenmax said:

Oh I just meant, Amazon themselves have branded items. Its like Bestbuy has their house brand, same with Radio shack, though Amazon would have house brands for clothing, office products, beauty products etc.

Dont matter.

Bitwit and Paulshardware have reviewed them, and both reviewed were very positive, I'm just wondering if anyone on this forum has any hands on experience they could share about.

They're ok and unless you're planning to run extreme overclocks you shouldn't worry, just make sure connectors aren't loose once you're done

I tend to reply with memes because I lack social skills and don't know how to express myself correctly.

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

They're ok and unless you're planning to run extreme overclocks you shouldn't worry, just make sure connectors aren't loose once you're 

This build has a Ryzen 5 1600 on a mini ITX B450 board. I was thinking of trying to get it to the speed of a 2600 maybe. 

54 minutes ago, greenmax said:

Dont matter.

Are you referring to Amazon Basics?

8 minutes ago, Aaralli said:

This build has a Ryzen 5 1600 on a mini ITX B450 board. I was thinking of trying to get it to the speed of a 2600 maybe. 

It should be fine. They are said to be alright overall for being direct from China. Bitwit (Kyle) did a video on sleeved cables, Asiahorse was included.  

I've got asiahorse cables in my system and they don't cause any issues even with cpu and gpu overclocking

R5 3600 @ 4.1 1.29V    BE QUIET! DARK ROCK PRO 4    MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC    GIGABYTE RTX 2070S@2115/7667/1965    

CORSAIR CMK16GX4M2D3600C18 @ 3800 16-23-18-36    HP EX920 512GB    SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB    COOLER MASTER NR600    EVGA 850GQ 

7 hours ago, Aaralli said:

Thermaltake Core P1

That's an ITX case?  Why in the world do you need extensions?  What are you extending?  What PSU are you using?

You only need extensions for long cases where the stock cables are not long enough.

7 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

That's an ITX case?  Why in the world do you need extensions?  What are you extending?  What PSU are you using?

You only need extensions for long cases where the stock cables are not long enough.

Because the power supply I'm carrying over from the old PC is non modular and ketchup and mustard cables... I'm hoping to make this PC look as good as possible without spending a stupidly high amount of money.

7 hours ago, Aaralli said:

Because the power supply I'm carrying over from the old PC is non modular and ketchup and mustard cables... I'm hoping to make this PC look as good as possible without spending a stupidly high amount of money.

Sounds like a crappy PSU. 

Why not get a good PSU?

43 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Sounds like a crappy PSU. 

Why not get a good PSU?

Those are expensive. You could spend that money to get $100 RGB fans and LED strips. 

Women. They are a complete mystery.

-Stephen Hawking

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + 2x ML120

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

120GB Kingston SSD

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710 with Kailh Box Jade

Logitech G502

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of my cat. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

Those are expensive. You could spend that money to get $100 RGB fans and LED strips. 

LOL!

Voltages are going to be so low at the end of the cable that there's going to be nothing but PSU related issues with this build.  :D

On 2/23/2020 at 1:36 PM, Founders said:

It should be fine. They are said to be alright overall for being direct from China. Bitwit (Kyle) did a video on sleeved cables, Asiahorse was included.  

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

And not ONCE does he mention what the wire gauge is or measure the resistance/voltage drop under load.

At least he says:  "This video is in no way scientific and is completely subjective."

25 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

LOL!

Voltages are going to be so low at the end of the cable that there's going to be nothing but PSU related issues with this build.  :D

Vive La Résistance

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM (+100mhz core clock), 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker (or 4x8gb DDR4 2666mhz for large tasks), Corsair HX850 PSU, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiator, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case.  DSI 90-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Cherry Red switches, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Hannspree HF207 and Acer AL2016W monitors

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Ryzen Rig 1: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Acer XF270HU 2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37628874?

Dwight: The Mixed Metals Loop Media Center.  Ask me about it.  Currently decommissioned to move to an mATX setup on a new MOBO once I pick one out

Schrute: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0, FX 8350, 2x Gigabyte HD 7850 2gb GPUs in crossfire, 16gb (4x4) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz, Sparkle/FSP 650w PSU, PCCOOLING 160w TDP air cooler, 60gb Patriot SSD Win 10 boot drive, 1tb WDBlack HDD, Rosewill Nautilus 1.0 case.  Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, Roku 55" 4k TV

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 2x4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, 500gb Seagate 7mm HDD attached storage, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, USB Wifi adapter all vesa mounted to the back of a 37" 1080p TV for form factor in the kitchen

Linux Box: Toshiba Laptop, i7 620M, NVS graphics, 2gb ram tinker toy at the moment.  Running Manjaro at the moment

APU Laptop: I need to clean this things TIM up so it can boot into Windows 7 for more than 5 minute before overheating at idle, it has things, I just haven't been on it in 2 years or so

6 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

LOL!

Eventually I'm going to replace the current PSU with a Corsair RM650x or some other PSU with equivalent quality, but I'm on a tight budget as it is. There will be no overclocking whatsoever and I may even underclock if I think there may be any stability issues...