£1000 new gaming system, using old components if suitable (old parts listed in post)

Hi all! I am an avid gamer and looking to update my system. I'm wanting to upgrade my system to help make Cyberpunk 2077 look and play great. I play quite a bit of Overwatch and so want something that will be able to play Overwatch 2 competitively. I am quite keen on getting G-SYNC/FREESYNC and playing at 144fps on a 144hz monitor.

Approximate Purchase Date: Within 2 weeks.

Budget Range: ~£1000 before shipping.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes, I was looking at ACER PREDATOR XB253QGP as it comes with 144hz and G-SYNC. Please exclude cost of monitor from system price.

Parts to Upgrade: CPU, GPU, mobo, RAM, potentially SSD. My current power supply: Corsair Professional Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Do you need to buy OS: Not sure (how do I check if I have an OEM license of Windows?). If I do please exclude this from cost.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Providers with quick delivery in the UK.

Parts Preferences: None.

Overclocking: No.

SLI or Crossfire: No.

Your Monitor Resolution: Priority is refresh rate and G-SYNC. Preferenced 2560 x 1440, considering 4k if graphics card can handle it.

Peripherals: I have a mouse, keyboard and speakers

Additional Comments:
Potential reuse of case, PSU, Optical drive and storage. Not too sure about CPU cooler. Curreny system parts listed below.
I play a lot of Overwatch and will likely play a lot of Overwatch 2 upon release.
I mainly building now as I want to be ready for the release of Cyberpunk 2077.
The quality of the image matters a lot to me. I am planning to colour calibrate the monitor I get.
I would like a system and monitor that support GSync / FreeSync.
I would prefer a 144hz monitor.
I need WiFi and bluetooth (bluetooth for headphone connection).
If I can reuse old components I will, but if they will be a bottle neck I am happy to switch them out.
I would prefer a system that can support 4k gaming and VR, although this is a lesser desire than 144hz gameplay.
I'm not sure whether I should get a newer and bigger SSD.
I prefer a quiter system.
Quite keen on monitor recommedations.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading:
My system is outdated. I want a system that will make Cyberpunk 2077 look and feel great to play. I can't get a consistent 60fps on Overwatch anymore. My system doesn't play games like Destiny 2 smoothly. I want to build something that makes games look great,
with a secondary utility of being able to play games like Overwatch with a competitive edge.

Current system: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/BHg999

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 54.36 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Kingston 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (one stick doesn't work anymore)
Storage: Crucial M4 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 4 GB Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair Professional Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-23 19:26 GMT+0000

A build recommended to me by a friend: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/b9rgFG

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£259.98 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£27.77 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard (£107.80 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (£120.45 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced Video Card (£580.98 @ Box Limited)
Total: £1096.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-23 19:51 GMT+0000

Thanks for taking the time to read over my post :)

Get the Tomahawk MAX mobo, with the Ryzen 3600 cpu and 2x8gb of 3600 ram, then get a good gpu and whatever storage you require.

Also dont forget to get the cheapest case you can, saves money on it so you can spend money on wiser choices.

Thanks for the recommendation :)

I was hoping my Fractal case would suffice for the time being. With the Tomahawk MAX mobo being ATX I think I will be OK. 

33 minutes ago, Lsakurifaisu said:

A build recommended to me by a friend: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/b9rgFG

Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced Video Card (£580.98 @ Box Limited)

RTX2070S for almost 2080S price, great friend.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti

37 minutes ago, Lsakurifaisu said:

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

can i buy the mobo and the cpu for a reasonable price from you?

6 hours ago, Lsakurifaisu said:

Are you buying a monitor: Yes, I was looking at ACER PREDATOR XB253QGP as it comes with 144hz and G-SYNC. Please exclude cost of monitor from system price.

nvidia cards support freesync now, which is much cheaper than a g-sync monitor.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

7 hours ago, Ralf said:

RTX2070S for almost 2080S price, great friend.

Solid recommend. The Fuma 2 is a great unit as well.

8 hours ago, Lsakurifaisu said:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£259.98 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£27.77 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard (£107.80 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (£120.45 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1096.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-23 19:51 GMT+0000

I agree with the previous recommends.

• The R5 3600 has two fewer cores, but retains SMT and all speed for a good savings. If you're concerned about buying r5 for longevity, it's very unlikely that the extra two cores or four threads will ever be missed in a gaming PC.
  • The B450 Strix boards are a bit underwhelming in VRM delivery. (I know! Strix is usually a pretty good option!) The MSI Tomahawk, A-Pro, and Gaming Pro Carbon series are kinda where it's at.
  • The 212 EVO is a pretty dated unit. The included Wraith cooler with Ryzen is similar in performance and it's free. If you want a solid cooler on there, there is the eSports Duo, Fuma 2, NH-D12, Dark Rock 4, etc. - Either spend a bit more, or spend nothing :) 
  • Ryzen feeds off of good RAM. 3600mhz at CL16 is ideal for Zen 2. 2400mhz is actually performance throttling. Also if this is a gaming build, then 16GB is more than enough. I never see games go over 12GB of use, and that's like... Rare. Most sit around 8-10GB.
  • As pointed out above, the Strix cooler is so pricey that you could get a 2080 Super with a non-Strix cooler for just a touch more. (Significant performance gains.)

Significant performance gains for a savings :)

Also just for fun, I matched your price and the above performance with full RGB. (The 2080S cooler was a cost hike. It's barely more expensive than the above build with the Gaming OC instead.)