MSI Optix MPG341CQR

brandonreza27

I have a 2070 Super MSI Ventus. Should I get a 120Hz ultrawide or a 144 hz?I plan on upgrading to a 2080 Super in a few months so should I get the 144Hz now or just save some cash and get the 120Hz?

52 minutes ago, greenmax said:

What do you plan to do with it?

Gaming mostly. I have some work related stuff to do with it but most of that would be light video editing and CAD work.

I just had the same consideration. I wanted a VA panel for the darker blacks and increased contrast. So I decided I wanted the MSI Ultrawide. Thats when I noticed the MPG341CQR with 1440 ultrawide and 144hz. There is a MPG341CQRV that is also a 34 inch 1440 Ultrawide except it is 120hz. I already knew I wanted 1440 because I just got a very nice computer with a great graphics card. I can push the frames. The 120hz seems to be 200 dollars cheaper. I own a 1080p panel at 120hz and I have always appreciated the 120hz. I went up to a Micro Center to take a look at 144hz panels and I can feel the additional smoothness. The V version also uses FreeSync 1, and the one you mentioned uses FreeSynce 2. I ended up getting the 144hz version. The same one you asked. I enjoy it and I don't regret it. I don't think I will be spending any more on my computer set up any time soon.