LG 34WK95U-W DISPLAY PORT 1.4 Doesn't work at 60hz anymore, only 1.2 does, sort of-ish...

RedRibbonArmy

Hello fellow Techers, 

I own a LG monitor now for almost a year, the "5k2k": LG 34WK95U-W. It was produced in MARCH 2019, it's printed on the monitor(<3)...
ZERO issues till a week or so.

I'm not sure what the problem really is, my pc runs like it should, the 144hz monitor also connected to the gpu via displayport works like a charm, also from LG the 24GM79G-B, I also have G-SYNC working on it at the same time, flawlessly.

The probem started sudenly when I turned on the PC, in windows 30 hz, can't turn it back to 60, not even with custom resolution. In games also max 30 hz aka fps. ONLY ONE GAME IT WORKS 60 FPS in Warframe, on display port version 1.4.

If I put the montor to Display Port Version 1.2.. It works 60hz, but a 4k movie laggs. Games lose picture "signal" not enaugh bandwidth probably via 1.2 Display Port version..

Using a 5k DISPLAY PORT original cable from the box.

Any1 have a phew tips ? ❤️ 

Made a clean display driver sweep with DDU in safe mode no networking, with the cable ethernet cable unplugged.

My specs:

intel i7 4790
kingston dual channel 2x 8 gb ram 
1080 Ti msi Lightning X 11gb
A million TB WD hdd black for storage (ok ok 6tb internal, plus 4tb external ultra wd hdd, so it's not million tb ?❤️ ) + 1tb crucial MX 500 ssd for boot 

Not funny no!

Spoiler

I did try to swap to the other DP same result, don't have HDMI 2.0 cable, I think it's not even possible to drive 5k resolution via HDMI version :/ 

Did try to Use the monitor with a different pc, with a 6gb 1060 strix oc... 

It works on display port version 1.2. On 1.4 no signal :[

I think it's a monitor problem not pc. 

The strix has display port 1.4...

Can any confirm this? A monitor Fault? 

Um cheers for the 3 year warranty =) <3

• 4 months later...

Had the same issue. Had to 'power cycle' the monitor. Unplug it all and reconnect it up again in a specific order. Great monitor though!