I get 350Mbps download and 12Mbps upload. should I be getting higher upload?

crispychickenwater

On wireless I get about 300-350Mbps download but my upload is very slow in comparison, 12 Mbps. I do not have access to ethernet and am using an Xfinity router. Is there a fix to this? I saw on a bitwit video he was getting 120 download and 60 upload. Can I fix this?

2 minutes ago, crispychickenwater said:

On wireless I get about 300-350Mbps download but my upload is very slow in comparison, 12 Mbps. I do not have access to ethernet and am using an Xfinity router. Is there a fix to this? I saw on a bitwit video he was getting 120 download and 60 upload. Can I fix this?

It depends entirely on what kind of subscription you have with your ISP. If your ISP is only assigning ~12Mbps upload to you then no, there is nothing you can do about it except pay more for more bandwidth.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 hours ago, crispychickenwater said:

12 upload is right. Xfinity can do a max of 45 Mbps upload and that’s only on the Gigabit tier. Some of Xfinity’s areas only get 5Mbps upload so feel lucky you get 12. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, crispychickenwater said:

@Donut417 this means i have gig internet right?

zCapture.PNG

No, because the LAN ports on the Gateway are gigabit. LAN = your internal network. WAN = your internet connection. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

The LAN interface doesn't tell you what package you have.

300/12 is a common package from Xfinity.

The gigabit package comes with about 40 mbit upload.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C