Anybody have any information on how good the EVGA SuperNOVA GA is?

HephMiner

I've been looking at PSUs with a budget less than $90 since and since I don't want to completely cheap I can't figure out what I should get. I was thinking around 650w-750w, hopefully fully-modular but I could do semi. The EVGA GA, since its fully modular and more than enough power at 750w, it came up but I couldn't find any reviews about it online. Anyone know if this is something that I should get or something else entirely.

Their PSUs are usually considered the best, it's all I used on 3 of builds. Excellent, well best customer service in the business. Also the 10 year warranty is pretty great.

I own a G2, G3 and G+. GA seems to be the newest. You won't have problem with it 100% worth.

However this is my opinion. I always use EVGA PSUs so can't really say anything bad cause there is no cons I have a 7 year old PSU on one system and still like new.

Each upgrade based on the Super Flower Leadex platform. Like the newest I have the G3 units are based on v2 of the same platform.

First watercooled System

Build Name: Frost

Monitor: Alienware AW3423DWF 1800R Curved Ultrawide 3440x1440 QD-OLED 157hz 10 bit 0.1ms

Chassis: Lian Li 011 Dynamic EVO w/ 2x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans on the bottom 1x120mm on back exhaust

Top Rad & Fans:  Corsair 54mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Side Rad & Fans: Corsair 30mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans

Motherboard: Asrock X670E Steel Legend

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D w/ Corsair XC7 RGB Pro w/ Kyrosheet

Memory/RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB DDR5 2x16GB 32GB 6000Mhz

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 4080 TUF w/ EK-Quantum Vector2 Nickel/Plexi & Backplate

Pump/Reservoir: Corsair XD5 RGB

Coolant: EK Mystic Fog

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & white cables from cablemod

Boot/OS SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe

WZ/2042 SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Game SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

Performance/Editing HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Storage HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition/Razer Mamba

Mouse Mat: Corsair MM700 RGB

Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast

Headset: Razer Blackshark v2 Pro

Eyewear/Glasses: Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS

Camera: Razer Kiyo Pro

4 hours ago, ChaosCGTV said:

Their PSUs are usually considered the best

No? They are a mixed bag like everyone else. And they do not make multirails PSUs on the high end......

4 hours ago, ChaosCGTV said:

Like the newest I have the G3 units are based on v2 of the same platform.

Sadly G3 units have issues on overload. And otherwise inferior to the G2.

Currently the GA appears to be an Andyson design, and afaik no reviews yet. 

4 hours ago, HephMiner said:

Anyone know if this is something that I should get or something else entirely.

You located in the US?

What are you powering? Because you are unlikely to need more than 650w. Probbaly more like 550w

6 hours ago, ChaosCGTV said:

Their PSUs are usually considered the best,

So, how many of those units are actually made by EVGA? Ever heard of SuperFlower or FSP? :) 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

12 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

No? They are a mixed bag like everyone else. And they do not make multirails PSUs on the high end......

Sadly G3 units have issues on overload. And otherwise inferior to the G2.

Currently the GA appears to be an Andyson design, and afaik no reviews yet. 

You located in the US?

What are you powering? Because you are unlikely to need more than 650w. Probbaly more like 550w

I never had an issue with there PSU or overload. I've had their G3 1000w since launched used it for 3 PCs re-build/upgrades and still perfect. So I don't know about all that.

If you don't wanna go with my recommended or EVGA brand. I can suggest Corsairs PSUs.

For a single card setup get a decent 650w...Corsair RMx , EVGA GS or G2 , XFX 650W , Seasonic 650w.

For a single card setup get a decent 650w...Corsair RMx, XFX 650W , Seasonic 650w. Or whatever watt you want really. I always get 1000w for future.

First watercooled System

Monitor: Alienware AW3423DWF 1800R Curved Ultrawide 3440x1440 QD-OLED 157hz 10 bit 0.1ms

Chassis: Lian Li 011 Dynamic EVO w/ 2x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans on the bottom 1x120mm on back exhaust

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & white cables from cablemod

9 minutes ago, ChaosCGTV said:

I can suggest Corsairs PSUs.

VS and CV is group reg, and their new RM is kinda noisy on switching powerstate, otherwise fine. cxm hasnt changed in the greylabel revision so they are kinda winy. 

all companies have their mixed bag. 

9 minutes ago, ChaosCGTV said:

I never had an issue with there PSU or overload. I've had their G3 100w since launched used it for 3 PCs re-build/upgrades and still perfect. So I don't know about all that.

its probably because you never got close to overload. (Also if you got close to it, you would notice the PSU being dead)

that is the main issue with the G3. otherwise its an ok PSU. its not something you run into unless you put the PSU under heavy load. 

all i am saying is that you dont recommend PSUs on a per brand basis. and then there is the lack of mutlirail, which is really stupid considering the 1600w P2 is thing. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

VS and CV is group reg, and their new RM is kinda noisy on switching powerstate, otherwise fine. cxm hasnt changed in the greylabel revision so they are kinda winy. 

all companies have their mixed bag. 

its probably because you never got close to overload. (Also if you got close to it, you would notice the PSU being dead)

that is the main issue with the G3. otherwise its an ok PSU. its not something you run into unless you put the PSU under heavy load. 

all i am saying is that you dont recommend PSUs on a per brand basis. and then there is the lack of mutlirail, which is really stupid considering the 1600w P2 is thing. 

I don't recommend on brand only, thing I mean't was if an issue with it their customer service is the best for that off of warranty. Yeah I know I almost bought p2 when I was building my system but decided not to as why bother with the price tag. I edited my last message for OP. However you may know more about PSU than I.

First watercooled System

1 minute ago, ChaosCGTV said:

I don't recommend on brand only, thing I mean't was if an issue with it their customer service is the best for that off of warranty.

perhaps they are, but best is not having to deal with customer service outside of a dead PSU. which is usually a very straight forward procedure with any of the companies within warranty. 

2 minutes ago, ChaosCGTV said:

Yeah I know I almost bought p2 when I was building my system but decided not to as why bother with the price tag

P2 exists for 1 customer. and that is LN2 overclockers with GPUs. outside of that its a completely pointless PSU. if you are going for that high of a wattage, then there are much better offerings on the market. 

also your system doesnt even get close to consuming 450w. you could run your system on a Pure Power 11 400w. 

4 minutes ago, ChaosCGTV said:

I edited my last message for OP

yeah i saw, and im just gonna make a few other notes:  (sorry)

31 minutes ago, ChaosCGTV said:

I always get 1000w for future.

650w is more than enough for future consumer hardware. (it just is, i could go on a 200 word essay on why, but i really dont want to)

32 minutes ago, ChaosCGTV said:

Seasonic 650w

that isnt a powersupply, and there are a few PSUs worth avoiding at that wattage under the seasonic brand, tho iirc most of them are fine. with the focus fx also having a overload issue. 

33 minutes ago, ChaosCGTV said:

XFX 650W

also not a powersupply, they make a focus rebrand, but honestly they make a lot of other units worth avoiding. 

you say you dont recommend on a brand basis, but you kinda did that twice there. if you want easy PSU recommendations for the future, got to the PSU tierlist in this subforum. its pinned at the top. sorry for bothering/nitpicking a bit. i just really want to get the idea across that there are no safe brands when it comes to PSUs. 

if you ever are looking for a new PSU, look at the tierlist, or ask on the forum, or PM