Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mojelb7r

First build help

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

I need some opinions on my first build. The budget is $1500. It’s RGB themed, with black as a secondary color. I plan on ordering the build today.

Ram: I’d consider just plain black ram if it’s a lot faster for less money

GPU: Not sure if this is best for the build


 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KjPWJb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($82.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($53.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($533.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Whisper M 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.88 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor  ($275.98 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($42.35 @ Walmart) 
Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB ELITE Wired Optical Mouse  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1553.10
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-22 18:07 EST-0500

Edited by mojelb7r

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V series 16 GB 3600 CL16

NVME: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB DUAL EVO OC

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750

Monitor: Dell S2719DGF

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB ELITE

Link to post
Share on other sites

RTX2070 is going to be fine, people regularly pair the 3600 with 2060's and 1660's so a 2070 isn't going to be a problem


Main Rig: Custom Built: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G @ 3.6Ghz, 2x8GB Kingston Valueram @ 2666Mhz, Radeon Vega 8, Gigabyte A320M-S2H, Kingston 120Gb M.2 SSD,WD Blue 2.5 Inch 1tb HDD,Cooler Master MWE450, Aerocool CS-100

Laptop: HP ProBook X360 G1 EE: Pentium N4200 @ 1.1Ghz, 4Gb DDR3 1600Mhz 128Gb SSD
NAS Server: Dell OptiPlex 7010: Dual core Celeron G1610 @ 2.6Ghz 4GB DDR3 Ram, 500GB Single HDD

Mothballed Optiplex: Dual core Celeron G1810, 4Gb Ram, 250Gb HDD

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mojelb7r said:

Memory: Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($82.99 @ Newegg) 

I'd try to get 3600 speed RAM for an AMD platform. You can get G.Skill Ripjaw V for a dollar less it seems, but if you still want the RGB then OLOy has the WarHawk kits with RGB for just a few dollars more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, AaronThomas said:

I'd try to get 3600 speed RAM for an AMD platform. You can get G.Skill Ripjaw V for a dollar less it seems, but if you still want the RGB then OLOy has the WarHawk kits with RGB for just a few dollars more.

Yeah I’ll check it out. Also is my PSU fine?


CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V series 16 GB 3600 CL16

NVME: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB DUAL EVO OC

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750

Monitor: Dell S2719DGF

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB ELITE

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mojelb7r said:

Yeah I’ll check it out. Also is my PSU fine?

It's plenty powerful for what you're building now.

 

If you ever put a 12-16 core cpu and 2080ti in there, you'd definitely want to upgrade the PSU at that time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, AaronThomas said:

It's plenty powerful for what you're building now.

 

If you ever put a 12-16 core cpu and 2080ti in there, you'd definitely want to upgrade the PSU at that time.

Last two questions!


is It worth swapping to this PSU 

https://www.newegg.com/corsair-vs-series-vs650-cp-9020172-na-650w/p/N82E16817139228

 

and worth swapping to this GPU?

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-super-gv-n207swf3oc-8gd/p/N82E16814932213


CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V series 16 GB 3600 CL16

NVME: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB DUAL EVO OC

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750

Monitor: Dell S2719DGF

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB ELITE

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, mojelb7r said:

I need some opinions on my first build. The budget is $1500. It’s RGB themed, with black as a secondary color. I plan on ordering the build today.

Ram: I’d consider just plain black ram if it’s a lot faster for less money

GPU: Not sure if this is best for the build


 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KjPWJb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($82.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($53.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($533.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Whisper M 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.88 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor  ($275.98 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($42.35 @ Walmart) 
Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB ELITE Wired Optical Mouse  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1553.10
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-22 18:07 EST-0500

Are you going to stick with the stock cooler? You can get a decent one for around $30. Also, for the monitor, "If you want to use the 155hz refresh rate or G-Sync, you will need to purchase a DisplayPort 1.2 or better cable yourself." FYI.

 

Also, you can get 3600 MHz ram for the same price (but no RGB): https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jBZzK8/gskill-ripjaws-v-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3600-memory-f4-3600c16d-16gvkc

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, inteli7.Ti said:

Are you going to stick with the stock cooler? You can get a decent one for around $30. Also, for the monitor, "If you want to use the 155hz refresh rate or G-Sync, you will need to purchase a DisplayPort 1.2 or better cable yourself." FYI.

 

Also, you can get 3600 MHz ram for the same price (but no RGB): https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jBZzK8/gskill-ripjaws-v-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3600-memory-f4-3600c16d-16gvkc

Yes stock cooler.

 

thanks for the FYI

 

Just switched to that ram. Only thing left is making sure of GPU and PSU as I mentioned to another user


CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V series 16 GB 3600 CL16

NVME: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB DUAL EVO OC

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750

Monitor: Dell S2719DGF

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB ELITE

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mojelb7r said:

"White" certification is less efficient than "bronze", and personally I would never buy anything below a bronze rated 80+ PSU. 

 

The GPU switch seems reasonable though. I have used the Gigabyte "Gaming" and "Windforce" OC cards for two generations and have always been very happy with their price and performance. You can either pocket the savings, or get a more "future proof" PSU now with the extra $30.... for example: https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-750-g1-120-gp-0750-x1-750w/p/N82E16817438132

 

Edit:

The Gigabyte GPU doesn't have as much lighting as the EVGA card though, and you did mention RGB being important. Food for thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, AaronThomas said:

"White" certification is less efficient than "bronze", and personally I would never buy anything below a bronze rated 80+ PSU. 

 

The GPU switch seems reasonable though. I have used the Gigabyte "Gaming" and "Windforce" OC cards for two generations and have always been very happy with their price and performance. You can either pocket the savings, or get a more "future proof" PSU now with the extra $30.... for example: https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-750-g1-120-gp-0750-x1-750w/p/N82E16817438132

 

Edit:

The Gigabyte GPU doesn't have as much lighting as the EVGA card though, and you did mention RGB being important. Food for thought.

I already ordered the parts before I saw your reply. No biggie it’s a good PSU regardless. Thanks for all your help, I appreciate you taking your time to help me! 


CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V series 16 GB 3600 CL16

NVME: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB DUAL EVO OC

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750

Monitor: Dell S2719DGF

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB ELITE

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×