Pixel 4 XL Battery Read Out.

Pikatchu

I have recently purchased a Pixel 4 XL with the Pixel Stand for wireless charging.

My problem is that, by charging the phone for an extended amount of time on the stand, the battery read out is wrong.

My first encounter was it being at 100% when I removed the phone at 96%.

The second encounter was it being charged to 94%. But after removal from the stand, it showed 99%.

Is this the phone's issue, or the chargers issue?

Possible fix?

Thanks.

(Upon the first and second encounter, restarting the phone worked. But doing this every time is a bit annoying.)

(No issue with wired charging prior to using the wireless stand. Tried wire charging again, it works fine.)

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

It's not unusual for batteries to slightly charge even though you've disconnected them already. Charging is actually a chemical process and it continues for a short time even after disconnection. It happens to my Apple Watch and I've seen on phones as well. Charged it to 79% and after short while after disconnection, it had 80% charge. Jump from 94% to 99% seems a bit high.

I'd say the issue is in the battery itself or its controller and how it's reading the status of battery.

2 hours ago, RejZoR said:

It's not unusual for batteries to slightly charge even though you've disconnected them already. Charging is actually a chemical process and it continues for a short time even after disconnection. It happens to my Apple Watch and I've seen on phones as well. Charged it to 79% and after short while after disconnection, it had 80% charge. Jump from 94% to 99% seems a bit high.

I'd say the issue is in the battery itself or its controller and how it's reading the status of battery.

Should I request a replacement then?

My is different from those that have the percentage stuck. The battery percentage still goes down over use.

Literally only had the phone for 4 days.

I also have the premium care for the Pixel, was thinking of replacing it when actually needed.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

Charge it fully and discharge it entirely in one go. There are apps for this, basically it should calibrate the thing. If things don't change, get it fixed.