Website SSL

udit2303

Hey can you guys give me some sites for free. SSL for my website. My web hosting service is from EcoWebHosting and they won't install the free SSL. They are telling me to buy their SSL Certificate.

2 minutes ago, udit2303 said:

Hey can you guys give me some sites for free. SSL for my website. My web hosting service is from EcoWebHosting and they won't install the free SSL. They are telling me to buy their SSL Certificate.

Your post is confusing. Why are you asking for free SSL-certificates, if they won't let you use them?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Your post is confusing. Why are you asking for free SSL-certificates, if they won't let you use them?

We can install SSL certificate on our own, right?

1 minute ago, udit2303 said:

Usually, yes.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

7 minutes ago, udit2303 said:

One of the best ways of obtaining free SSL-certificates is using Let's Encrypt at https://letsencrypt.org/

They seem to even tell you to use Let's encrypt anyway https://www.ecowebhosting.co.uk/blog/all-about-ssl-certificates-and-why-its-important-your-website-has-one/

EDIT: All their offers are advertised with lets encrypt certificates already. Are we on the same page here?

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 5950x | 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz | XFX Reference 6800 XT | MSI Unify X570 | Corsair MP600 2TB, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | bequiet 850W Straight Power 11

Server: Ryzen 5 3600 | 4x32GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz | Asrock Rack X470D4U | Samsung EVO Plus 250GB, 6x Seagate Exos 8TB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB | bequiet 550W Straight Power 11

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Better use CertBot from the EFF as it takes care about the renewal.

It's still Let's Encrypt - certificates.