Suggestions for a website that calculates agricultural land

Hi, I know this might not be the best place to ask for this, but anyway, so I made this website  that is basically an acres and karats calculator, I'll explain the idea with this example:

3.22 + 2.2 = 5.42 in a normal calculator. 3.22 + 2.2 = 6 in the calculator I made, and that's because 3 acres + 2 acres = 5 acres and 22 karats + 2 karats = 24 karats or 1 acre, so 5 acres + 1 acre = 6 acres.

I made this website because my uncle wanted to calculate acres and karats in the format I mentioned above (3 acres.22 karats) to help him in his work, he's an agricultural engineer, and I told him I'll make you a website.

So this system I mentioned is used in Egypt and probably in some places in the middle east, so I wanna expand my website and do the same thing for US units (acres, sq ft, sq ch, etc.) and international units (hectare, etc.).

The question here is: is there like a special format/way that people in the US (or any area other than the middle east) use to calculate agricultural land? And what features do you think I should add to the website, other than unit conversion cause I'm gonna add this too.

Sorry if the post is too long and sorry for if it's not the right place, and thanks in advance.

can't answer your questions but i'd like to give you some usability feedback

it's not obvious that you can just click on the text box and use the keyboard to enter numbers maybe add some border around the text box or some emboss / highlight or some default tooltip in the box.

if you don't use mobile phone, it's slower to "hunt" the buttons with the mouse.

Also, it may be intuitive for your guy and for you to write acres and karats that way but may not be intuitive for others.. maybe add a line of text under the area saying something like "Tip: you can combine acres and karats using decimal point ex 1 acre and 5 karats = 1.5

maybe on the first line that prints the whole thing ... write it in long form like "3 acres 22 karats + 2 acres 2 karats = " and maybe you can also allow users to type 22k  or 22 k and you auto convert that to .22 if there's an acres value before it otherwise change it to 0.22 

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

can't answer your questions but i'd like to give you some usability feedback

it's not obvious that you can just click on the text box and use the keyboard to enter numbers maybe add some border around the text box or some emboss / highlight or some default tooltip in the box.

if you don't use mobile phone, it's slower to "hunt" the buttons with the mouse.

Also, it may be intuitive for your guy and for you to write acres and karats that way but may not be intuitive for others.. maybe add a line of text under the area saying something like "Tip: you can combine acres and karats using decimal point ex 1 acre and 5 karats = 1.5

maybe on the first line that prints the whole thing ... write it in long form like "3 acres 22 karats + 2 acres 2 karats = " and maybe you can also allow users to type 22k  or 22 k and you auto convert that to .22 if there's an acres value before it otherwise change it to 0.22 

Thanks  a lot for your feedback, I'll definitely try to improve it using your advice.

1 hour ago, Person_125 said:

is there like a special format/way that people in the US

We just use decimal Acres.

Sometimes, for small plots, square feet are used. When this is the case, it is usually just rounded to the nearest whole square foot.

For extremely large areas of land, we sometimes use decimal square miles.

We do not usually combine two different units in the same land area measurement.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

6 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

We just use decimal Acres.

Sometimes, for small plots, square feet are used. When this is the case, it is usually just rounded to the nearest whole square foot.

For extremely large areas of land, we sometimes use decimal square miles.

We do not usually combine two different units in the same land area measurement.

Thanks a lot for your reply