Uninstaller  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite

• Revo
    • Wise
    • Geek
    • I0bit

Posted · Original PosterOP

So, I have been using Revo for years and some time ago I switched from it to Wise because I saw somewhere they recommend it more than Revo. I'm still in dilema reading articles on internet since every page recommends different one. I'm aware that they all work great and there is really no wrong option, but I want to check with you guys what you think, whitch 1 works best. And of course, for free, I will not pay for it

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Um, I just use the Windows-builtin "Add/Remove Programs."

Yeah, I thought that's what everyone uses.. haha

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz | Intel 660p 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Green 2TB | Corsair RM650x | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

Laptop:  Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2018 (i5-8259U | 8GB RAM | 512GB SSD)

Peripherals: Steelseries Rival 600 & Logitech MX Master 3 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate (Cherry MX Blue) | Sennheiser Game One | BenQ BL2420PT

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Yeah, I thought that's what everyone uses.. haha

The idea of using some separate tool for uninstalling stuff had never even occurred to me before. I see zero point in such, the builtin tool works just fine.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

The idea of using some separate tool for uninstalling stuff had never even occurred to me before. I see zero point in such, the builtin tool works just fine.

No, id say that using IOBit could be usefull.

it automatically and deleting leftover files, registry entries etc.

it can detect bundleware...

bundleware-1.jpg

What ive used in the past and is very practical.

But it has bad parts too:

License. You need to pay. It isnt worth it in my opinion to pay for features like that when you being less lazy you could do it youself.

It'll have ads for other IOBit products in it, like advanced system tuner or whatever.

I just go to "uninstall or change a program" in the control panel. I have no need for a third party uninstaller.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x  | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P350x | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Redragon K556 | Monitor(s): Main: Dell E2014h 1600x900, Secondary: HP w19e 1440x900

"You don't need to spend a crap ton of money to build yourself a worthwhile gaming computer." -JayzTwoCents (Blasphemy, I know. Deal with it.)

I can't help you buy something if you don't list a budget or intended use.

I can't help you troubleshoot if you don't list your specs/config.

P.S. Pictures usually help.

I used to use revo as well, it was really good for picking up extra files, but since I did a refresh on my PC about 18 months ago, I haven't bothered to use anything other than windows uninstaller, as it's mainly just steam games I'll probably redownload later on anyway.

Code of Conduct; F.A.Q.; Unofficial Beginners Guide; General Posting Guidelines; Forum Add-ons, scripts, apps etc.; News Article Posting Guidelines

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB HDD: 1TB WD caviar blue Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Posted · Original PosterOP
39 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I got you but I got bored of searching for leftovers in AppData or ProgramFiles

1 hour ago, Lakobrija said:

I got you but I got bored of searching for leftovers in AppData or ProgramFiles

You must be installing some really shit stuff, if they leave so much stuff behind that it's actually worth caring about. For all the stuff I've used, there may be a couple of log-files or such behind and that's totally not worth being bothered about.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.