GTX 1070 not reaching its potential fps

Hey guys, So I have a gtx 1070 graphics card, and use it to play fortnite. In games, when I land at any of the big landing areas my fps drops to an average of about 100-120, and even drops down to 80 or 90 at times. I have gone on youtube to compare my fps with that of other 1070s with slightly better CPUs, and it seems like my fps is much lower than what they are a ble to achieve. I am stumped as to why, because I play on all low settings at 1080p, so I should not be having such low fps drops with this gpu. I have also monitored my pc when gaming with msi Afterburner, and my gpu usage is about 30-40%, cpu usage is 60-70%, gpu temp is around 52, and the cpu temp is around 60.

These are my pc's specs: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070, i7 6700, ASUSTek Computer H170 PRO, Two G.Skill F4-240015-16GVR DDR4 RAM sticks, Windows 10 64-bit version 1909, 600W PSU

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried capped and uncapped and neither make a difference in the minimum FPS.

If was on max settings I guess is okay, But what happen to you is pretty strange because your CPU is not bad, try on max settings see what fps getting

19 minutes ago, Ukyo82 said:

If was on max settings I guess is okay, But what happen to you is pretty strange because your CPU is not bad, try on max settings see what fps getting

Well a 6700 non k isnt that great of a cpu anymore and its single core is kinda close to a 4790k etc seems like the cpu is the limit here if he puts all settings to low and still does not get more fps its just the cpu that cant put out more fps and not really a prob with the gpu and i dont know how many cores fortnite uses never played but 60/70% on a 4/8 cpu is alot 

4 hours ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Well a 6700 non k isnt that great of a cpu anymore and its single core is kinda close to a 4790k etc seems like the cpu is the limit here if he puts all settings to low and still does not get more fps its just the cpu that cant put out more fps and not really a prob with the gpu and i dont know how many cores fortnite uses never played but 60/70% on a 4/8 cpu is alot 

You are right here benchmark perform almost same and this is not under big work cloud, not much stuff happen on video also graphics card same 30-40% load. I guess best is play on max is waste play on low since almost same performance as max

I disagree that the CPU would cause that much a performance decrease. Look at this video for example:https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fortnite+gtx+1070+i7+6700t&&view=detail&mid=FD1F272439C37C82FC04FD1F272439C37C82FC04&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dfortnite%2Bgtx%2B1070%2Bi7%2B6700t%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

This guy has a 1060 and a 6700 and is able to pull much better frames than I.

Settings + PreMatch+BusDrop+Gameplay+MSI Overlay

Something is definitely up...^ here is my 4790K (4.6Ghz) + 2200Mhz CL11-12-11 DDR3-OC + GTX1070-OC
Running off a 2TB 7200RPM HDD because I only have a 256GB SSD and BFV took all the room.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yeah and it is so irritating. Because I have been checking many other forums with low fps issues, and often it is something like to cpu getting to 100% and bottlenecking, but mine sits at around 60 to 70%. I have tried uninstalling drivers and nothing. It seems like my pc has no obvious issues yet it is way underperforming.