new motherboard and new processor

sohail14

currently my motherboard z170a m5 is repaired so looking for new motherboard but there is so many . which motherboard is good for future proof  upgrade and i want  best audio quality , best performance from that motherboard . recommend me a best processor . i can afford i7 9700k or any amd processor for that price ? . most importantly is for also future , and best onboard audio quality . my current pc specs : msi gtx 1070 , 970evo , i5 6402p , 16gb ddr4 ram , 600w power supply , 

R7 3700X and a B450 Tomahawk Max?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

2 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

R7 3700X and a B450 Tomahawk Max?

9700k gives better performance and i dont want this motherboard , any motherboard recomendation , high end like z390 price like this 

1 hour ago, sohail14 said:

9700k gives better performance and i dont want this motherboard , any motherboard recomendation , high end like z390 price like this 

If you say this then there is no AMD CPU that is better at gaming performance than the 9700K. You're probably already well aware of that. Buying into the Z390 platform right now isn't very advisable, because that's a dead platform and the next generation of Intel processors from what I've seen is going to be on a whole new platform, so if you really say future proofing is most important to you, then I would strongly advise against buying into that platform.

AM4 on the other hand is very flexible and gives you a lot of options, and from what I've seen is supposed to be supported until Ryzen 4000 series (2020?) so you get more future-proofing with AM4 than you do with Intel at the moment. But AMD's side of a CPU that's priced similarly to the 9700K is the 3700X or 3800X and you counter those options with the fact that 9700K gives better performance, so it kind of does seem like you already have your eyes set on going for Intel anyway.

But regardless, for motherboard options, iirc Gigabyte makes some pretty good Z390 boards, like the Designare and the Aorus Master. From what I've heard ASUS kinda flopped their Z390 lineup, not too sure about MSI and ASRock.

For AM4, all B450 boards dont get as expensive as the high end Z390 boards do, so you're probably looking at X570. If onboard audio matters do you (even though most people would just recommend you get a seperate DAC or pcie sound card) , just look for anything with the Realtek ALC 1220 codec - which is the highest end on-board audio solution at the moment or equivalent (Supreme FX1220 i think is what ASUS calls their version of the ALC 1220) but most of the X570 motherboards above the 250USD price range have this audio codec already.

I don't see much point in getting anything that's above 300 USD, unless you're a real power user or there's a specific feature that you want, but something like the X570 Aorus Master, Strix X570-E, ASRock X570 Taichi, MSI X570 ACE is kind of as high end as I would personally go for a motherboard. If you don't mind losing out on RGB Bling, the MSI X570 Unify is a great deal and is cheaper than any of the boards I've mentioned, as it's literally an X570 ACE that has one less LAN port, which shouldn't matter unless you have a NAS or something.

All the X570 boards I've mentioned are pretty much all top-tier boards already, I don't see the point in going for anything higher like the X570 Godlike or X570 Extreme unless you just have way too much money to blow. But if that's something you're interested in, the boards basically just get better as you go up the price. Most X570 boards starting from the 200 USD price point are already pretty good. for the cheaper recommendations I'd look at the X570 Aorus Elite or X570 TUF-PLUS but if i remember correctly one of both of these boards do not have the Realtek ALC 1220 codec and have some sort of compromise, whereas the ones I mentioned in the last paragraph are your kind of no-compromise boards.