Wireless Networking for Competitive Online Games

So yeah, wired connection is out the question here, I need a wireless solution that is almost certainly lag free, I do have a wired connection in the same room as the computer but its too far away and extending it really is not an option, so whats the best wireless alternative? I was thinking a very good wireless card in the PC and connecting it straight to the Virgin Media Superhub which is around 12 meters away, or wiring an AP into the room and connecting wirelessly to that.

Getting an ethernet cable would be cheaper? Why is wired out of the question?

You could use Powerline.

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

You could use Powerline.

How would i be able to use the power line,Please explain?

How would i be able to use the power line,Please explain?

It basically routes your wired connection through the plug sockets in your house with slightly increased ping and reduced bandwidth. Direct ethernet is obviously faster but for me it works great as I am up a floor relative to my router. Here's what it is -> http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-PA411KIT-AV500-Powerline-Adapter/dp/B0084Y9N3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392422643&sr=8-1&keywords=powerline

I'm not sure what the prices are in the States but if you search for powerline on Amazon it will come up. 

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

Well Ive tried with wired before and seam to get some delay down the line, its not a particularly good cable coming out the router through a wall to the outside of the building routed into another room after a 5 meter run and the problem is it comes in at one end and goes straight under the floorboards, (this is under a fish tank so accessing it is out of the question) it goes about 4 meters to the other side of the room where it terminates in a port on the wall, if I was to use wired I'd need to add another 6 or 7 meter cable to go around the room to the computer, I don't want to remove carpets or anything like that.

I'm not sure powerline is the answer either, its a very old building with badly placed plugs, since the machine will be around the opposite side to the room as the plugs its going to need a long extension lead or a spur coming out another socket, all in all powering 3 monitors a pretty power hungry PC and some speakers, I'm pushing things as they are I think, I don't think powerline is going to work, particularly as the way I'm considering getting power to it is by using a long kettle lead around the edge of the room and plugging it into a Art Powerbase 4x4, the PC and its peripherals will then plug into that.

Thinking I might purchase a Super Hub 2 from Virgin Media, current router can only do one or the other when it comes  to 2.4/5Ghz, with that I can run both and use 5Ghz exclusively for this PC.

Well Ive tried with wired before and seam to get some delay down the line, its not a particularly good cable coming out the router through a wall to the outside of the building routed into another room after a 5 meter run and the problem is it comes in at one end and goes straight under the floorboards, (this is under a fish tank so accessing it is out of the question) it goes about 4 meters to the other side of the room where it terminates in a port on the wall, if I was to use wired I'd need to add another 6 or 7 meter cable to go around the room to the computer, I don't want to remove carpets or anything like that.

I'm not sure powerline is the answer either, its a very old building with badly placed plugs, since the machine will be around the opposite side to the room as the plugs its going to need a long extension lead or a spur coming out another socket, all in all powering 3 monitors a pretty power hungry PC and some speakers, I'm pushing things as they are I think, I don't think powerline is going to work, particularly as the way I'm considering getting power to it is by using a long kettle lead around the edge of the room and plugging it into a Art Powerbase 4x4, the PC and its peripherals will then plug into that.

Thinking I might purchase a Super Hub 2 from Virgin Media, current router can only do one or the other when it comes  to 2.4/5Ghz, with that I can run both and use 5Ghz exclusively for this PC.

You get some delay with a longer cable? Where you buying this from, some back alley guy?

Order sufficient length from somewhere like Monoprice. That'll do the trick.