2080ti or wait for 3080ti?

Quadrum
8 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Yes they should...

They also should release a PC VR headset with wide field of view 4K 120hz Gsync built in...nvidia is caught lacking...stock piling money and forget about gamers.

VR is awesome, that rift S i use i would consider cheap and low end compared to what i'd like to buy and nvidia could provide it.

I’ve also got a rift s. How much do you think that 4K VR headset will retail for?

I am waiting and still limping along on my Vega 56.  There is talk we could receive announcements for both Ampere and Big NAVI as soon as March and maybe have a launch relatively soon after.  That being the case, there is no reason to pay $1100 plus for a card and technology almost 2 years old.  Even if neither of the next gen card launch until Q3, it will still be worth the wait especially since early rumors have both Ampere and Big NAVI outperforming the 2080 ti by 15-30% or more.  Further, since Nvidia will actually have a high end competitor coming out near the same time, pricing at the very least shouldn't go up and maybe if we are lucky, it might even go down a smige, especially if AMD continues its historical pricing model and undercut Nvidia's pricing by the usual 10-20% margin.

Honestly, the 2080 ti would have to come down to the $900 range or less to get me to even consider purchasing one right now.