Monitor With Thunderbolt 3 Hub???

jjtell89

So....

I just created an account for the sole purpose and intention to ask one question - are there any monitors out there that have a built in Thunderbolt 3 (or even just USB-C) hub built into them? Something with Power Delivery and networking and all that other good stuff built in?

What I want is to sit down at my desk at work, using a single usb-c cable (that would also have to be long enough - none of those 10 cm long deals) have my secondary monitor, charging, networking, peripherals all good to go. Clean. Elegant. Simple. 

I found a few hubs, but nothing quite right. But I'd really love it if I didn't even have a hub - just everything built into the monitor. 

Thought this might be the best place to ask.

On 2/21/2020 at 9:55 PM, jjtell89 said:

So....

I just created an account for the sole purpose and intention to ask one question - are there any monitors out there that have a built in Thunderbolt 3 (or even just USB-C) hub built into them? Something with Power Delivery and networking and all that other good stuff built in?

What I want is to sit down at my desk at work, using a single usb-c cable (that would also have to be long enough - none of those 10 cm long deals) have my secondary monitor, charging, networking, peripherals all good to go. Clean. Elegant. Simple. 

I found a few hubs, but nothing quite right. But I'd really love it if I didn't even have a hub - just everything built into the monitor. 

Thought this might be the best place to ask.

No, because you can daisy chain a hub to the monitor.

there are some monitors with charging and daisy chain support.