Meshify S2 worth it compared to Meshify C?

ColonelOne

Hi all,

I recently rebuilt my old college PC and replaced everything but the case, but now I'm thinking about replacing the case, too.

My current case is the Azza Hurrican 2000 which is a freaking monster, the quad 230mm fans and quad 120mm fans keep temperatures low, but it's also big, heavy, and loud. 

I figure I could probably get quieter, non-molex fans, or molex to 3 pin adapters, but meh.

I'm leaning towards the Black Fractal Design Meshify C, but have a couple things I want to double check on first. 

It says that it can support a max GPU length of 315mm with front fan mounted and up to a 360mm radiator mounted in front.

Could my 305 mm graphics card fit with a front mounted 360mm radiator (I don't have a particular AIO in mind)?

On 2/21/2020 at 3:52 PM, ColonelOne said:

Hi all,

I recently rebuilt my old college PC and replaced everything but the case, but now I'm thinking about replacing the case, too.

My current case is the Azza Hurrican 2000 which is a freaking monster, the quad 230mm fans and quad 120mm fans keep temperatures low, but it's also big, heavy, and loud. 

I figure I could probably get quieter, non-molex fans, or molex to 3 pin adapters, but meh.

I'm leaning towards the Black Fractal Design Meshify C, but have a couple things I want to double check on first. 

It says that it can support a max GPU length of 315mm with front fan mounted and up to a 360mm radiator mounted in front.

Could my 305 mm graphics card fit with a front mounted 360mm radiator (I don't have a particular AIO in mind)?

lol scratch this, I'm dumb. Might as well get the Fractal Design Meshify S2, same aesthetic, but a bit bigger with better radiator options.

Does anyone have any thoughts around whether the Meshify S2 is worth the extra $60 over the Meshify C?

Meshify S2 seems too long and leaves too much empty space for an AIO in the front unless you were using something like a push and pull Arctic Liquid Freezer II in push/pull.

I think 315mm GPU can fit inside the Meshify C, but you need to install the fans on the front of the case and cut the webbing behind the mesh. From what I read from people doing that is that some fans can make some unwanted noise from being to close to the mesh.

I personally do like the Meshify C and next time may consider a slightly shorter video card for my build.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

15 hours ago, ColonelOne said:

lol scratch this, I'm dumb. Might as well get the Fractal Design Meshify S2, same aesthetic, but a bit bigger with better radiator options.

Does anyone have any thoughts around whether the Meshify S2 is worth the extra $60 over the Meshify C?

I would say no, as there are other cases that can fit the 360mm rad at the same price point as the C. Mastercase H500*, Phanteks P400A, Enthoo Pro M TG, Lancool 2 Mesh, MB511 RGB would all be good standings without costing any more.

(*Mastercase H500 might cost more depending on US tarrifs weirdly)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25