Will it fit

Tuck2674
Go to solution Solved by minibois,
5 minutes ago, Tuck2674 said:

I looking at buying the Phanteks PH-ES518XTG_DGS01 Enthoo Evolv X ATX Case and the Noctua NH-D 14. I know this thing is huge my question is will it fit in the case without issue?

Case: 190mm clearance for the CPU cooler

CPU cooler: 160mm tall

It will fit

I looking at buying the Phanteks PH-ES518XTG_DGS01 Enthoo Evolv X ATX Case and the Noctua NH-D 14. I know this thing is huge my question is will it fit in the case without issue?

3 minutes ago, Tuck2674 said:

The specs on the Phanteks website say the CPU clearance for that case is 190mm, and the height of the NH-D14 is 160mm, so yes it should fit.

Case: 190mm clearance for the CPU cooler

CPU cooler: 160mm tall

It will fit

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Read the "Field" Manual?

Mine tells me exactly what the max cooler height is, I went a couple of mm less just to be sure.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Yes, it fits but I wouldn't recommend the NH-D14 if you don't have it already. The design is a bit outdated and there are generally better / cheaper options available. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 2 weeks later...

the NH-D14 is an old design and has been replaced with the NH-D14S which comes with a single fan instead of a double. They claim it was redesigned so that a single fan on it works nearly as well as the older double. But you can still add a second fan and they even include the extra clips. I just got one for my rebuild that is in a 4u rack case.