Saxon124

System specs:

X570 godlike, latest bios

Ryzen 9 3950x

Evga ftw3 ultra 2080 to

Seasonic prime 850 platinum psu

4x8 g skill trident z royal 3600

2x primochill d5 pump

I am trying to get power to the water temp meter, but I am unsure which headers to plug it in to.

Also, my mobo only has 1 header for water pumps, what are my options to connect a second to control speed of both? I guess just a splitter and control both as 1 pump?

27 minutes ago, Saxon124 said:

System specs:

X570 godlike, latest bios

Ryzen 9 3950x

Evga ftw3 ultra 2080 to

Seasonic prime 850 platinum psu

4x8 g skill trident z royal 3600

2x primochill d5 pump

I am trying to get power to the water temp meter, but I am unsure which headers to plug it in to.

Also, my mobo only has 1 header for water pumps, what are my options to connect a second to control speed of both? I guess just a splitter and control both as 1 pump?

For the water meter you can use any fan header to provide it power. As for the pumps it depends, if they are just for speed control you can use a splitter to match the speed of the two units. If they are also drawing power you will need to check and see what is your maximum power draw through that header and if it can support 2 pumps at once. What pump are you using?

Image result for Barrowch multimode water temperature meter

They are primochill enhanced DT's.

Does the water have to flow a specific way through the temp meter? I had it plugged into a 4 pin fan header (the connector on the meter is 3 pin) but it had no power

18 minutes ago, W-L said:

For the water meter you can use any fan header to provide it power. As for the pumps it depends, if they are just for speed control you can use a splitter to match the speed of the two units. If they are also drawing power you will need to check and see what is your maximum power draw through that header and if it can support 2 pumps at once. What pump are you using?

Image result for Barrowch multimode water temperature meter

They are primochill enhanced D5's.

Does the water have to flow a specific way through the temp meter? I had it plugged into a 4 pin fan header (the connector on the meter is 3 pin) but it had no power

5 minutes ago, Saxon124 said:

They are primochill enhanced D5's.

Those are PWM D5's so they draw power from molex and use the fan connection only for speed control so using a splitter and having them on the CPU header would be ideal since it can provide feedback to the motherboard. 

The temp monitor doesn't have to be in between the motherboard and pump as the temp monitor only takes power and nothing else. Just make sure that fan header you are using is configured for full constant 12V power. 

37 minutes ago, W-L said:

Those are PWM D5's so they draw power from molex and use the fan connection only for speed control so using a splitter and having them on the CPU header would be ideal since it can provide feedback to the motherboard. 

The temp monitor doesn't have to be in between the motherboard and pump as the temp monitor only takes power and nothing else. Just make sure that fan header you are using is configured for full constant 12V power. 

Thank you, I'll give it a shot!