hx1000i vs EVGA supernova p2?

ConduitCreator

Should I get a corsair hx1000i vs EVGA supernova 1000 p2 psu? My main priority is silent operation at most/all loads, but EVGA comes out to be cheaper. What do you guys think, any benefit one has over the other? Do you guys have any other PSUs in mind?

Thanks for the help.

the PSU tier list made by the PSU masters of this forum could be of use to you https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40/

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Depends on what you're powering and where you're buying from.

Potentially a threadripper build in the future, maybe custom Watercooling aside from that.

2 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

the PSU tier list made by the PSU masters of this forum could be of use to you https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40/

If you are completely deaf, sure, but OP wanted a quiet PSU.

2 minutes ago, ConduitCreator said:

Potentially a threadripper build in the future, maybe custom Watercooling aside from that.

Okay, that partially answered the first half of my post

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

Okay, that partially answered the first half of my post

Where I'm buying it from? I suppose Amazon/newegg, but honestly whatever has the lowest price that's probably where I'll get it from.

what? i didn't say one way or another... literally all i did was say the tier list may be useful

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

1 minute ago, GrockleTD said:

what? i didn't say one way or another... literally all i did was say the tier list may be useful

Note that OP said:

10 minutes ago, ConduitCreator said:

My main priority is silent operation at most/all loads

And the tier list does not take noise into account.

2 minutes ago, ConduitCreator said:

Where I'm buying it from? I suppose Amazon/newegg, but honestly whatever has the lowest price that's probably where I'll get it from.

Threadrippers go from the 8 core 1900X to the 64 core 3990X. GPUs are also a thing, and they can draw a significant amount of power.

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Note that OP said:

And the tier list does not take noise into account.

Threadrippers go from the 8 core 1900X to the 64 core 3990X. GPUs are also a thing, and they can draw a significant amount of power.

Well if you're asking what kind of threadripper I'm not sure at this point, that's going to be down the line. My GPU is a gigabyte 2080 ti

20 minutes ago, ConduitCreator said:

Do you guys have any other PSUs in mind?

Roughly how much are you planning to spend?

Its unlikely that the P2 is the go-to choice due to it being singlerail and you planning a relativly high current system. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Roughly how much are you planning to spend?

Its unlikely that the P2 is the go-to choice due to it being singlerail and you planning a relativly high current system. 

I would like to keep it around 200 but I know 1000w can be expensive so I can spend more if need be. $250 is probably my max.

6 minutes ago, ConduitCreator said:

I would like to keep it around 200 but I know 1000w can be expensive so I can spend more if need be. $250 is probably my max.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qMh9TW/antec-power-supply-hcp1000

This would be overkill and on the more expencive side. 

Gonna look for more options

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qMh9TW/antec-power-supply-hcp1000

This would be overkill and on the more expencive side. 

Gonna look for more options

Really unimpressive regulation, and it won't be super quiet, due to the double ball bearing fan. 

20 minutes ago, ConduitCreator said:

Well if you're asking what kind of threadripper I'm not sure at this point, that's going to be down the line. My GPU is a gigabyte 2080 ti

@Den-Fi's 3970X with a 2080 Ti drew about 1000W under full synthetic load, with both overclocked. Assuming that's roughly what you're going for. 

The RM1000i should check all the boxes. Even at full load at 46°C intake, the fan got up to 1000 RPM in Cybenetics' testing. 

Really unimpressive regulation, and it won't be super quiet, due to the double ball bearing fan. 

@Den-Fi's 3970X with a 2080 Ti drew about 1000W under full synthetic load, with both overclocked. Assuming that's roughly what you're going for. 

The RM1000i should check all the boxes. Even at full load at 46°C intake, the fan got up to 1000 RPM in Cybenetics' testing. 

That was actually with no real load on the CPU. If I added prime95, it would be much more violent. Actually let me try running cinebench while folding. 1 sec.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

That was actually with no real load on the CPU. If I added prime95, it would be much more violent. Actually let me try running cinebench while folding. 1 sec.

I looked at this status update?

Spoiler

image.png.372a2db57ed3cff0dbda8ba882ad9191.png

I feel like there should have been a share button somewhere

I looked at this status update?

Hide contents

image.png.372a2db57ed3cff0dbda8ba882ad9191.png

I feel like there should have been a share button somewhere

Pretty sure that was a single 2080 Ti.

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

Pretty sure that was a single 2080 Ti.

Yes. OP was going to use a single 2080 Ti (from how I read it)

8 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Yeah i noticed once i doublechecked with reviews. 

Id probably just grab an HXi instead

Yes. OP was going to use a single 2080 Ti (from how I read it)

Oh, gotcha. My brain added "2x" in front of 2080 Ti lol.

22 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Yeah i noticed once i doublechecked with reviews. 

Id probably just grab an HXi instead

Yup HXI sounds like the best idea for me atm. Better pay a bit of a premium now, and the digital monitoring is a plus for me. I'll go for that unless there's anything else I should know?