Windows 10 refreshing and flashing - can't use PC at all.

Arcaddia
Go to solution Solved by Arcaddia,

Solved. Notepad trick on cmd to recover files and clean install of win10 totally freed it of the problem looks like it was windows that got corrupted and not my drive failing thankfully.

For the past week my pc has been prompting me to restart because it found drive errors and wants to fix them. Today one came up and I restarted my PC and then the problem started, I can't do anything to try and fix it as it stops me every few seconds because it refreshes and goes on an endless loop. I also tried booting in safe mode and the exact same thing. How the heck am I meant to fix this??

[CPU] Ryzen 5 3600x [Cooling] be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 [Mobo] B450 Tomahawk Max [RAM] 16GB (2X8) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz [GPU] RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio [PSU] XFX XTR 750W [Case] Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed

if you have more than one drive, try removing all but the boot drive

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

50 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

if you have more than one drive, try removing all but the boot drive

I'll try it out. My boot drive is a 240gb ssd then I have a 2tb HDD had them both for about 5 years now 

[CPU] Ryzen 5 3600x [Cooling] be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 [Mobo] B450 Tomahawk Max [RAM] 16GB (2X8) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz [GPU] RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio [PSU] XFX XTR 750W [Case] Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed

11 minutes ago, Robchil said:

Sounds more like boot drive failure.. you have another computer and usb stick? 

Yes, are you trying to say I should reinstall windows with it?

1 minute ago, Arcaddia said:

Yes, are you trying to say I should reinstall windows with it?

no first but you can troubleshoot your installation. and you can install on the other drive if all else fails. 

what type of ssd do you have in it? , the early ones failes after few years when the "spare" blocks where all used up.

12 minutes ago, Robchil said:

no first but you can troubleshoot your installation. and you can install on the other drive if all else fails. 

what type of ssd do you have in it? , the early ones failes after few years when the "spare" blocks where all used up.

SanDisks 240gb ssd plus had it since 2015 now

16 minutes ago, Robchil said:

Also what do you mean by troubleshoot installation? That is an option on the win10 iso file?

if you use the windows media creation tool, you click through language and keyboard selection. and you can select to install or troubleshoot a current installation.  just remember to disable antivirus when installing the usb, or you will end up with 4GB download and errormsg.. they don't like boot sectors written to, regardless of boot disk or not. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10  click download tool now.

1 hour ago, Robchil said:

if you use the windows media creation tool, you click through language and keyboard selection. and you can select to install or troubleshoot a current installation.  just remember to disable antivirus when installing the usb, or you will end up with 4GB download and errormsg.. they don't like boot sectors written to, regardless of boot disk or not. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10  click download tool now.

Okay I clicked repair pc and it pretty much shows the same than it would if I went into advanced boot options from the glitched windows which I can do if I beat the refresh. I tried doing chkdsk and SFC in command prompt and none of them worked so I don't know I'm kinda stumped, should I reinstall windows and does doing it affect my files and programs, I've never really done it before 

i would try to get a sandisk ssd utility and check status of the disk, it might starting getting too many sector errors to handle. 

47 minutes ago, Robchil said:

i would try to get a sandisk ssd utility and check status of the disk, it might starting getting too many sector errors to handle. 

I don't believe I can do that outside of windows? 

install windows on the second disk, you'll need it if your ssd is dead anyway, until you can buy a new one. 

Solved. Notepad trick on cmd to recover files and clean install of win10 totally freed it of the problem looks like it was windows that got corrupted and not my drive failing thankfully.