No drive not showing up while trying to install (dual boot) Linux

Update:

Ran Boot-Repair in Linux in an effort to bring back Windows and restart.

Got stuck in GRUB's command line stuff, powered off and success fully managed to get into BIOS and changed the storage mode from AHCI to RST Premium with Optane (the default setting) and successfully booted into Windows.

well.. i think that has more to do with lack of raid bios support in that case.. 

when you install windows the first time on a raid you will need to install the controller driver to see the raid volume at all. but since you don't have raid it shouldn't be the problem for you, the disk will just work slower in ahci/sata mode until you get disk controler drivers installed on both OS's and can swap back to pcie mode again. 

27 minutes ago, Robchil said:

well.. i think that has more to do with lack of raid bios support in that case.. 

when you install windows the first time on a raid you will need to install the controller driver to see the raid volume at all. but since you don't have raid it shouldn't be the problem for you, the disk will just work slower in ahci/sata mode until you get disk controler drivers installed on both OS's and can swap back to pcie mode again. 

So do I need to reinstall Windows in AHCI mode as clearly windows can't seem to find its current installation when I change modes

no your installation got screwed up becourse you added a partition infront of the existing windows partition. 

if you boot with the win10 usb, go into troubleshooting, and you maybe have to load correct drivers. but it should be able to sort it out if  you do the mbr commands to fix it

.. oops didn't see you managed to boot to it in pcie mode, so well.. you need to fix your ubuntu to boot in pcie too.. then it should work for both in pcie mode altho unsure how the boot manger selects on your system, havn't played with those for a loooong time.

Update:

I managed to change the storage mode to AHCI with windows working so Linux was able to detect the drive and I installed it.

But each time I start the computer it keeps booting into Windows. I am also unable to enter BIOS unlike before with just a black screen showing.

I just had to change the boot order from giving preference to Windows Boot Manager to BIOS. I can get into boot menu and select POp_OS.