Unauthorised Downloads from LLT Forums

Anomnomnomaly

Browser, version and OS:  Firefox 73, W10 64 Pro

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?  Just browsing as normal.

What happened?    I was checking my downloads folder to clear out some old junk and found dozens of files labeled  spacer.png, spacer(1).png and so forth... I checked the downloads manager within the browser and found that all of these had originated from LTT forums.  I have NEVER once downloaded anything. I don't click on random links posted

What did you expect to happen?   I sure as hell don't expect unwanted and unauthorised downloads to be forced onto my system from anywhere. I would like an explanation as to what the hell is going on?

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

16 minutes ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

What happened?    I was checking my downloads folder to clear out some old junk and found dozens of files labeled  spacer.png, spacer(1).png and so forth... I checked the downloads manager within the browser and found that all of these had originated from LTT forums.  I have NEVER once downloaded anything. I don't click on random links posted

Seeing as no one else seems to have reported anything similar, it's most likely some Firefox-extension or similar on your PC causing that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

It happens if you accidentally click and drag in firefox over the download button too. It's happened to me with random pages and whatnot where I accidentally held down the mouse button and moved the cursor a bit. It's nothing bad it's just a click and drag issue with firefox.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: