VGA Light on Reboot Sometimes

Hi Everyone,

Hoping to get some help in diagnosing an issue I'm periodically getting on my newly upgraded system. I've got a 3600x with a Asus Tuf Gaming x570 and a MSI Gaming 2070 Super. My system boots fine most of the time however I periodically get some weird behavior usually on reboots, I'll get a white LED on my mobo (VGA according to my manual). But I can't seem to figure out why this is happening. Everything seems to be working fine despite it being illuminated, to add to the weirdness this happens I seem to also have an issue with some of my RGB that it will very rapidly flash the RGB lights in question are all connected to my ARGB header.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Does the light indicator stay on even if the PC is already in the OS? How many RGB components do you have attached to that single ARGB header? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X; GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z; MoBo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX; RAM: TForce Delta TUF RGB 3200MHz (2x8) 16GB; 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB TG; PSU: Seasonic Prime FX Gold 750W Fully Modular; CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MA620P; Storage: WD Blue 250GB SATA SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM; Monitor: MSI MAG241C 144Hz Curved Gaming Panel; Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown); Mouse: Fantech X11 Daredevil   

1 hour ago, VenomizerX said:

Does the light indicator stay on even if the PC is already in the OS? How many RGB components do you have attached to that single ARGB header? 

Yes, it says on in windows. 4 case fans and 2 strips.

That's a lot of RGB on one header lol. If the indicator is staying on even in windows, then why isn't anything problematic? It should be indicating a problem with the display or the graphics card but it seems that it's only stuck on.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X; GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z; MoBo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX; RAM: TForce Delta TUF RGB 3200MHz (2x8) 16GB; 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB TG; PSU: Seasonic Prime FX Gold 750W Fully Modular; CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MA620P; Storage: WD Blue 250GB SATA SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM; Monitor: MSI MAG241C 144Hz Curved Gaming Panel; Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown); Mouse: Fantech X11 Daredevil   

17 hours ago, VenomizerX said:

That's a lot of RGB on one header lol. If the indicator is staying on even in windows, then why isn't anything problematic? It should be indicating a problem with the display or the graphics card but it seems that it's only stuck on.

Ya it's pretty strange, I did have one boot that my second display couldn't get a signal after unplugging the display and powering back on it was fine other than that no other issues. I tried reseating the gpu so I'll see if that fixes that.

As for the rgb I only have 1 ARGB header what would be the best solution to keeping that from being problematic?

On 2/22/2020 at 4:05 AM, VenomizerX said:

The VGA light issue is back. I'm not 100% sure at this point but it seems like it may be related to one of my monitors. I have two of them a ViewSonic XG2402 and a Asus VG248QE and it seems to be happening when the ViewSonic is plugged in.

I've obviously tried each monitor independently on reboots, swapped cables to rule out a bad caboe.

Hopefully someone has some ideas why the monitor would b causing issues. I've got a 1060 that I may try and swap in to do a bit more testing.