GPU Underclocking?

JJ_EmEZ

(GTX 1660 and Ryzen 7 2700) First pc and everything was going fine then today i booted it up and noticed i was having significant frame drops not just in game but even just casually browsing the internet. Afterburner and nzxt cam both show normal thermals but show base clock at 300 MHz when it is advertised to be 1530. Typically i can run destiny 2 at around 100 frames, but now it cant stay above 50. All my drivers are up to date, not sure if bios issue or something else.

Underclocking? That's a new issue. I wonder if you should bump the base clock up to compensate (basically, a very slow overclocking.) However, this isn't something I'm experienced with, so you may want to wait for another forum user to weigh in.

Good luck solving your GPU issue.

8 hours ago, aisle9 said:

A turd with an HDMI cable jammed into it is more powerful than a MacBook Air, and up until this year it had a better display, too.

☢️ Know Your Allergens: ☢️

Pollen | Plastic | Radiation | Antimatter

part list

Now this issue seems odd.... Have you tried overclocking to the advertised clocks? Maybe you have software that downclocks the GPU for power savings (though that would be weird). 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X; GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z; MoBo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX; RAM: TForce Delta TUF RGB 3200MHz (2x8) 16GB; 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB TG; PSU: Seasonic Prime FX Gold 750W Fully Modular; CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MA620P; Storage: WD Blue 250GB SATA SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM; Monitor: MSI MAG241C 144Hz Curved Gaming Panel; Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown); Mouse: Fantech X11 Daredevil   

6 hours ago, VenomizerX said:

Now this issue seems odd.... Have you tried overclocking to the advertised clocks? Maybe you have software that downclocks the GPU for power savings (though that would be weird). 

I’m pretty sure I don’t have anything that downclocks it but I’m gonna try to overclock to normal speed