I want to turn my open air gpu into a blower gpu. How do I do that?

Blower gpus are cool
Go to solution Solved by Mick Naughty,

Depends on the card. I put a fe cooler on my 1060ssc. Then put the acx cooler on the 1080sc. Quite easy as they are all reference stuff.

13 hours ago, Blower gpus are cool said:

I want to turn my open air gtx 1060 into a blower gpu. I just want to be able to put more stuff inside of my pc like a pci wifi dual band card. Also when I buy my next gpu that will max it out, I can display it and it would look better as a blower. I just like the fan style. And I may use the card in a ps3 slim pc build. Also I have the gtx 1060 3gb super clocked 6 pin. After all the ps3 slim had a blower gpu cooler.

Finding a new cooler is gonna be hard, there's no point really in replacing your current cooler if it works fine. If you really want a blower card, you're better off selling your current one and buying a blower card (used of coarse) for probably the same price you sold the other for.

Selling the current one and buying a used one with blower cooler probably will be easiest method.

Intel I7-10700KF stock - Noctua NH-D15 - A15+A12x25 

Micron Ballistix Sport LT 4133MHz CL17-21-21-40 @1.45v

GIGABYTE AORUS 3090 Xtreme 1905MHz@0.919v/2010MHz@1.063v +900/750 memory clock

Seasonic PX-1000

Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh 

6 hours ago, Envit0 said:

how about instead of spending cash on parts + breaking something in the process, you just buy a bigger PC case, maybe mobo and you are able to fit everyhint you ever wanted in it and not go deaf?

Umm.. I don't have 200 dollars for that tho?? And I don't really care how loud it is. I might use the card in a ps3 slim build so it needs to be alot smaller.

So if you have enough money to pay a mortgage then you should have enough to buy a new card

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

So if you have enough money to pay a mortgage then you should have enough to buy a new card

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0