XMP Profile not working on 3800 mhz ram x570 Aorus Master

Keirox

Hello, i'm on a x570 aorus master with ryzen 3700x, and i bough some ram kits to test wich goes faster.

I've got a 3800mhz cl14 kit G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4x8 32 gb, but the xmp profile doesnt load. I tried to do the timings and frequency manualy, even 3733 mhz, not booting.

The 3600mhz cl14 XMP work.

The 3800mhz is on the QVL of my motherboard and is supposed to be tested and compatible to achieve that speed, why it's not working for me ? Can't go higher than 3600mhz. Tried to OC the 3600mhz one to 3733 but same.

20 minutes ago, Keirox said:

why it's not working for me ? Can't go higher than 3600mhz. Tried to OC the 3600mhz one to 3733 but same.

Your CPU doesn't have the memory controller to do 3800MHz. Try 3800C16 and see if that works.

The DRAM calculator for Ryzen might help you if you really want 3800C14 to work. Can't guarantee it though. https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

49 minutes ago, Keirox said:

The 3800mhz is on the QVL of my motherboard and is supposed to be tested and compatible to achieve that speed

Is your 4x8GB kit listed in the QVL, or just a 3800MHz kit from that brand & specs?

I think more the problem lays in your cpu, more specific in the infinity fabric. Not many cpu can run infinity fabric over 1800 mhz that means 3600 mhz memory. Let alone 3800 mhz on memory and to run 1:1 ratio on IF means infinity fabric has to run 1900 mhz and only a few CPU's can run infinity fabric on 1900 mhz fully stable.

Since 3600 mhz work. I suggest you stick to 3600 mhz and try to get timings as low as possible like 3600 mhz 14-14-14-32 if possible. This is just an example.

Findeling more with infinity fabric at 3800 mhz will properly just give you more trouble than a working pc out of it. I know it can be annoying to. Pay and not get it, but since the cpu also has it limit. There is not much to do about it. Save those 3800 mhz for if you some day upgrade to a zen 3 cpu as I think those cpu can better handle faster memory. 

@SpaceGhostC2C I just checked and i missread. The 2x8 does, the 4x8 like i have doesnt appear to have my motherboard on the qvl list, that explain a lot.

I can still return the kits within 15 days, i just got them. thats why i took 3 kits to try out wich work the best.

Will probably follow @Intelfreak advise, thanks

6 minutes ago, Keirox said:

@SpaceGhostC2C I just checked and i missread. The 2x8 does, the 4x8 like i have doesnt appear to have my motherboard on the qvl list, that explain a lot.

I can still return the kits within 15 days, i just got them. thats why i took 3 kits to try out wich work the best.

Will probably follow @Intelfreak advise, thanks

You’re welcome. 

• 3 weeks later...

Saw someone a post on Overclockers that "f12b (beta bios) on AORUS Master finally let me just use my XMP profile on 4x8GB G.Skill F4-3800C14Q-32GTZN". Have you tried updating your bios to make it work?