2 FREE Games at EG Valued at $54.99 on Steam February 20th + FREE Game at EG Valued at $19.99 on Steam February 27th

Paul Rudd

FREE Game #1 for TODAY, February 20th at the Epic Games store.

assassinc66.gif.bc43a40f781437d0d1da193814ccca18.gif

Valued at $29.99 on Steam here... Link it has 11,155 Mostly Positive reviews.

FREE Game #2 for TODAY, February 20th at the Epic Games store.

faera55.gif.bcc0736ad49a33569cc657467acd04f6.gif

Valued at $24.99 on Steam here... Link it has 915 Very Positive reviews.

FREE Game for NEXT THURSDAY, February 27th at the Epic Games store.

innersp1.gif.0c98dc159e1cf8316f4df5f6d96e6682.gif

Valued at $19.99 on Steam here... Link it has 69 Mixed reviews.

Didn't know they were throwing in an Asses Creed. I can add it to the other 3 or so I'll never play. I started playing Kingdom Come Deliverance, it runs about as poorly as I'd expect, but I'm still hesitant to upgrade my PC since I'd basically need a new everything at this point. It seems alright so far, but I hate that it'll throw you into combat scenarios without giving you any time to actually try and understand it, particularly how enemies grapple you and if there's anything you can do about it. I'm assuming that after the opening there'll be some form of training or something I can do.

5 minutes ago, Polemical said:

innersp1.gif.0c98dc159e1cf8316f4df5f6d96e6682.gif

What movie is that from? Don't think I've seen it.

#Muricaparrotgang

15 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Going of the age and goofy face i would say Innerspace. If memory serves me right its when he changes his face from the inside.

(long story, look it up :D )

26 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Didn't know they were throwing in an Asses Creed. I can add it to the other 3 or so I'll never play. I started playing Kingdom Come Deliverance, it runs about as poorly as I'd expect, but I'm still hesitant to upgrade my PC since I'd basically need a new everything at this point. It seems alright so far, but I hate that it'll throw you into combat scenarios without giving you any time to actually try and understand it, particularly how enemies grapple you and if there's anything you can do about it. I'm assuming that after the opening there'll be some form of training or something I can do.

KCD runs great on my i5/1070. I followed a few guides to get higher fps tweaking the graphic settings and did some tweaking of my own while playing it. I want to say I get a good 90-105 fps in 1440p. Can't remember the exact fps I ended up getting I just know I started at Ultra everything, then went to low everything, restarted the game, checked the fps, then back to Ultra everything, restarted the game and then worked each setting down without losing any visual fidelity. Then tested what each setting did to VRAM so I could crank those settings up to release some strain off my CPU(which I don't even think needed it, can't remember). I just like to utilize the 8GB VRAM to rid any CPU bottleneck from occurring period. All of this while of course jotting down how each setting affects fps. Then I go in and lock in my personal preferences based on my findings. I like to utilize the graphic settings guides I find as well, they give me an idea of what to expect.

I spent so much time doing this, I have yet to even do whatever that first guy tells me to do at the very beginning of the game. Haven't even left his area yet. No clue what the whole game even looks like yet.

26 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Same movie as the name of the game for next Thursday.

6 hours ago, Polemical said:

Same movie as the name of the game for next Thursday.

6 hours ago, Dujith said:

Going of the age and goofy face i would say Innerspace. If memory serves me right its when he changes his face from the inside.

(long story, look it up :D )

I never knew that existed. I'll have to try and watch it somewhere.

KCD runs great on my i5/1070. I followed a few guides to get higher fps tweaking the graphic settings and did some tweaking of my own while playing it. I want to say I get a good 90-105 fps in 1440p. Can't remember the exact fps I ended up getting I just know I started at Ultra everything, then went to low everything, restarted the game, checked the fps, then back to Ultra everything, restarted the game and then worked each setting down without losing any visual fidelity. Then tested what each setting did to VRAM so I could crank those settings up to release some strain off my CPU(which I don't even think needed it, can't remember). I just like to utilize the 8GB VRAM to rid any CPU bottleneck from occurring period. All of this while of course jotting down how each setting affects fps. Then I go in and lock in my personal preferences based on my findings. I like to utilize the graphic settings guides I find as well, they give me an idea of what to expect.

Well I'm still on my FX-8350 and a 2gb 960, and the VRAM is probably the big killer. Should've also installed it on the SSD, that might help a bit. I'm getting about 60 on low. I always turn off AO since I hate it and motion blur. I also opened up the console in-game with the ~ key and removed the pretty poor HDR bloom that makes the sky leak onto everything else and give a smeary blue look. Couldn't figure out how to disable the "HDR" eye level adjustment though, that's another "feature" I hate. You just walk into a building and look out a window and it looks like a nuke is going off.

I spent so much time doing this, I have yet to even do whatever that first guy tells me to do at the very beginning of the game. Haven't even left his area yet. No clue what the whole game even looks like yet.

Pretty sure it all basically looks like that. The map isn't so grandiose and far spanning or compressed to have a bunch of different environments, mainly just fields and forests with some towns and villages.

#Muricaparrotgang

54 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Why do you not include the names of the games?

He's had this argument before. There isn't a reason, and it's not worth arguing with him about it.

Anyways, KCD is doing this super cool thing where the mouse cursor is stuck displaying on screen. It's a known bug supposedly caused by alt-tabbing, which is stupid. The cool thing is, for whatever reason the game starts and the mouse is locked to the window, but the game isn't focused so I HAVE to alt-tab to get focus on it. It was also doing it fine yesterday. Even plugging in a controller and using it doesn't disable the mouse cursor, so it's just there now. Someone on Steam said to use the escape menu, and unplug your mouse, that didn't work either.

So that's cool. Right now I've just deleted some engine .pak files and going through a verify to see if that'll randomly fix it.

#Muricaparrotgang

15 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

He's had this argument before. There isn't a reason, and it's not worth arguing with him about it.

Anyways, KCD is doing this super cool thing where the mouse cursor is stuck displaying on screen. It's a known bug supposedly caused by alt-tabbing, which is stupid. The cool thing is, for whatever reason the game starts and the mouse is locked to the window, but the game isn't focused so I HAVE to alt-tab to get focus on it. It was also doing it fine yesterday. Even plugging in a controller and using it doesn't disable the mouse cursor, so it's just there now. Someone on Steam said to use the escape menu, and unplug your mouse, that didn't work either.

So that's cool. Right now I've just deleted some engine .pak files and going through a verify to see if that'll randomly fix it.

Thanks. I'm guessing he works for EGS or something then.

I stopped playing KCD when I found out I had to regularly feed my character, but as far as stability it's hilariously like Oblivion.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

24 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I stopped playing KCD when I found out I had to regularly feed my character, but as far as stability it's hilariously like Oblivion.

No, it's just a dumbass reason. He said it's like a surprise if he doesn't tell you what the name of the game is. It doesn't make any sense, and it's an argument that's been had. He also points out Humble, Steam, and GOG giveaways.

So after deleting random things and trying more stuff in game to verify and try and get the god damn cursor off the screen, I've just deleted all 55gb and going for a reinstall, so that's cool. With any luck it'll happen again and I'll just say "Fuck it" and be entirely done with the game because of one dumbass bug they never bothered to fix. Even when I tell the game to use specifically and solely the Xbox icons the stupid mouse cursor doesn't go away.

#Muricaparrotgang

18 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

So after deleting random things and trying more stuff in game to verify and try and get the god damn cursor off the screen, I've just deleted all 55gb and going for a reinstall, so that's cool. With any luck it'll happen again and I'll just say "Fuck it" and be entirely done with the game because of one dumbass bug they never bothered to fix. Even when I tell the game to use specifically and solely the Xbox icons the stupid mouse cursor doesn't go away.

Different game so it probably won't apply, but I remember the solution to one game where that happened being to run in borderless window mode. See if you can do that.

Side note, switching audio devices requires a complete game restart to take effect as well. I tried switching from my headset to my speakers and found that out.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

Different game so it probably won't apply, but I remember the solution to one game where that happened being to run in borderless window mode. See if you can do that.

Side note, switching audio devices requires a complete game restart to take effect as well. I tried switching from my headset to my speakers and found that out.

I tried that too. Even launching the game in borderless window locks the mouse to the screen, but it isn't focused, so I have to alt tab and then it functions like a normal borderless window, but the cursor is still there. Even after a complete uninstall and reinstall it still doesn't go away. My last chance is to just try it on Win10 instead of Win7, but it's infuriating because it was working perfectly fine to start with.

#Muricaparrotgang

4 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Why do you not include the names of the games?

4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

3 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

I wish. Maybe they'd give me all the DLC expansions for Anno 1800. It's taking forever for them to drop in price on UPlay.

Well that was a fucking mistake. I hate Win10. The game launched on Win7, but for some reason on Win10 it decided it needed an extra 4.5gb, and it also decided to not let me use my primary browser Opera. It started by randomly causing pages to crash, then prevented it from opening altogether. Then EGS started freaking out, and that crashed too. So I restarted EGS and this time the download was 18.9gb. Fanfuckingtastic. So I decide since Opera isn't working I'd try Firefox instead. Win10 decided to fuck me on that too, and crashed the browser in the middle of a video. Meanwhile it's glitching out EGS. So suddenly Opera starts working and I try and leave an angry comment here like I am now and MS must've been reading my keystrokes and tried to censor me because it just fucking bluescreened and caused a disk check for discs it shouldn't have been accessing. 17 minutes later (Probably longer) here we are.

So I'm adamantly furious that if I upgrade my PC I'll be forced into that steaming horseshit. Win10 is 5 years old now and there's no way I'm the only person on the planet still using AMD's bulldozer lineup on Win10. This little retard never learned how to read and it seems like it's time to put it in the ICU and try a new one. Even if shit on Win10 actually worked, like it does on Win7 without issues, there's so many things about Win10 itself that I just do not like.

So... at this point, fuck it. I'm not going to bother trying to dedicate any more bandwidth to this game. I think I'm done, which is a real fucking shame because it's such a simple, stupid goddamn bug that should've been fixed by now, and wasn't present yesterday despite alt-tabbing like crazy, and it's a game I really wanted to get into and enjoy, but like, fuck me I guess.

#Muricaparrotgang

7 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I hate Win10. The game launched on Win7, but for some reason on Win10 it decided it needed an extra 4.5gb, and it also decided to not let me use my primary browser Opera.

Are you using the Epic launcher? How does an internet browser come into play here? It also sounds as if you're switching back and forth from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I don't even know how to imagine ever doing that.

7 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Well that was a fucking mistake. I hate Win10. The game launched on Win7, but for some reason on Win10 it decided it needed an extra 4.5gb, and it also decided to not let me use my primary browser Opera. It started by randomly causing pages to crash, then prevented it from opening altogether. Then EGS started freaking out, and that crashed too. So I restarted EGS and this time the download was 18.9gb. Fanfuckingtastic. So I decide since Opera isn't working I'd try Firefox instead. Win10 decided to fuck me on that too, and crashed the browser in the middle of a video. Meanwhile it's glitching out EGS. So suddenly Opera starts working and I try and leave an angry comment here like I am now and MS must've been reading my keystrokes and tried to censor me because it just fucking bluescreened and caused a disk check for discs it shouldn't have been accessing. 17 minutes later (Probably longer) here we are.

So I'm adamantly furious that if I upgrade my PC I'll be forced into that steaming horseshit. Win10 is 5 years old now and there's no way I'm the only person on the planet still using AMD's bulldozer lineup on Win10. This little retard never learned how to read and it seems like it's time to put it in the ICU and try a new one. Even if shit on Win10 actually worked, like it does on Win7 without issues, there's so many things about Win10 itself that I just do not like.

So... at this point, fuck it. I'm not going to bother trying to dedicate any more bandwidth to this game. I think I'm done, which is a real fucking shame because it's such a simple, stupid goddamn bug that should've been fixed by now, and wasn't present yesterday despite alt-tabbing like crazy, and it's a game I really wanted to get into and enjoy, but like, fuck me I guess.

i just upgraded from a 8350 with win 10. and yes little by little "things" just started breaking for no reason as time went on.

browsers. videos would freeze, page lagging, browser would freeze, prime video wouldnt play because of protection thingy (yet it was enabled) this was firefox, opera, chrome
game browsers like uplay would be laggy as hell, games would take forever to update or update would be "off"on size

10 hours ago, circeseye said:

i just upgraded from a 8350 with win 10. and yes little by little "things" just started breaking for no reason as time went on.

browsers. videos would freeze, page lagging, browser would freeze, prime video wouldnt play because of protection thingy (yet it was enabled) this was firefox, opera, chrome game browsers like uplay would be laggy as hell, games would take forever to update or update would be "off"on size

Weird. I've yet to experience any of those things in Windows 10 that I couldn't troubleshoot and fix within a matter of minutes. What are your upgraded specs? You wouldn't happen to be on a budget laptop would ya'?

1 hour ago, jason938 said:

Are these games free for a limited time or if I buy them now with 0$, they will stay forever with me?

Also, does it give me key or something to activate them on Steam or they stay on their Epic launcher?

Free for the time period it shows on them. Right now, they show you can claim them until next Thursday(usual day they are no longer free and new game(s) is free).

Once you claim a free game, you own it forever in that Epic account.

You get no Steam key as it is an Epic game. You get the game on your Epic account to be played in the Epic launcher.

Some people claim to be able to play Epic games elsewhere but you'll have to talk to those people to know how to do that as I could care less to do that.

11 hours ago, Polemical said:

Are you using the Epic launcher? How does an internet browser come into play here? It also sounds as if you're switching back and forth from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I don't even know how to imagine ever doing that.

I was watching a video waiting for the download.

And dual boot has been around for decades.

11 hours ago, circeseye said:

browsers. videos would freeze, page lagging, browser would freeze, prime video wouldnt play because of protection thingy (yet it was enabled) this was firefox, opera, chrome
game browsers like uplay would be laggy as hell, games would take forever to update or update would be "off"on size

Yeah. Maybe it's okay with newer hardware, and if/when I upgrade I'll be forced to use Win10, but for the foreseeable future I've had nothing but problems and annoyances with Win10.

10 minutes ago, Polemical said:

Some people claim to be able to play Epic games elsewhere but you'll have to talk to those people to know how to do that as I could care less to do that.

Best I've seen is that a lot of the games are DRM free and you can launch them directly from the .exe without Epic.

#Muricaparrotgang

3 hours ago, Polemical said:

Weird. I've yet to experience any of those things in Windows 10 that I couldn't troubleshoot and fix within a matter of minutes. What are your upgraded specs? You wouldn't happen to be on a budget laptop would ya'?

it was with the 8350 i was having the issues....i upgraded to a 3600 and havent seen any of the issues i was having....and yea im pretty good at troubleshooting and i just couldnt figure out what was causing it. even fresh installs it would show up. im really convinced it was the old hardware

I was watching a video waiting for the download. And dual boot has been around for decades. Yeah. Maybe it's okay with newer hardware, and if/when I upgrade I'll be forced to use Win10, but for the foreseeable future I've had nothing but problems and annoyances with Win10.

Maybe the dual boot causes issues? I have no idea, never heard of dual booting. I skipped all versions of Windows between Windows XP and Windows 10 because between there I was a console gamer and just used my Windows XP laptop for whatever.

Yeah. Maybe it's okay with newer hardware, and if/when I upgrade I'll be forced to use Win10, but for the foreseeable future I've had nothing but problems and annoyances with Win10.

That's probably it. Older hardware running a newer Windows. I think you may have something there. And when you say maybe it's okay with newer hardware, that's not how I'd describe it. I'd describe it with one word. Well, one hyphenated word. Near-flawless. I've had nothing but a near-flawless experience with Windows 10. I can only think of one time that I ran into an issue that I couldn't troubleshoot myself and that was way back when I first started using Windows 10. I had to contact customer support(that I had free at the time) and a simple BIOS update fixed the issue. I was running an older BIOS that caused my PC to do something(can't remember what it was exactly, I want to say restarted for no reason).

I'd say in all of 2018, 2019 and 2020, I've seriously had very, very little issues with using Windows 10. I cannot even remember the last issue I had it's been so long. Could be because I use it everyday? I dunno. I bet you have very little issues with Windows 7 because of the same thing. You're so familiar with it, a new Windows is something you just have to get used to.

It's like when I load up Linux. I seriously have trouble just playing a video on that thing. And I just want my Windows 10 back in front of me. Can't stand trying to troubleshoot on Linux. It's a nightmare.

5 hours ago, Polemical said:

That's probably it. Older hardware running a newer Windows. I think you may have something there. And when you say maybe it's okay with newer hardware, that's not how I'd describe it. I'd describe it with one word. Well, one hyphenated word. Near-flawless. I've had nothing but a near-flawless experience with Windows 10. I can only think of one time that I ran into an issue that I couldn't troubleshoot myself and that was way back when I first started using Windows 10. I had to contact customer support(that I had free at the time) and a simple BIOS update fixed the issue. I was running an older BIOS that caused my PC to do something(can't remember what it was exactly, I want to say restarted for no reason).

The dual boot is just another OS install on another hard drive.

And actually looking at it, Win10 launched in 2015, and Ryzen first appeared around 2017, so Win7 should still be able to perform perfectly fine on "older" and "last gen" hardware when it's at it's core not much different from Win7, and yet issues abound.

Otherwise, I don't like how shit's set up in Win10. Maybe you can customize stuff, which I can't since my copy isn't authenticated and I hate it, but I hate how much shit is in the start menu you can't get rid of. I hate how much garbage they bundle with it I don't want and don't need. I hate that my Win10 PC username is part of my last name based off my MS account. I hate that trying to do simple shit like changing audio settings that's really simple, easy, quick, and compact in Win7 is spread all over the place, hidden behind waiting for an app to launch and then trying to find the button that brings up the same fucking window that's been present since 2000 that just works better in the first place. I like that I can snap to all 3 monitors, but I absolutely hate that it forces an irritating as hell cursor trap in the monitor corners so your mouse gets stuck for no fucking reason. And despite people asking MS to remove that since its inception, it's still there and no one likes it. I also hate that it has a dumb, useless, large volume slider pop up on screen every time I change the volume, and that I need a third party app to make it invisible. I hate that it took the clear and distinct tabs of the Task Manager and said "Fuck organization" and just crams everything into one long ass hard to read list. I'm not huge on the sharp corners. Minimalistic design is it's MO, but that design philosophy has been proven time and time again to be horribly ineffective as now you need to go through multitudes of sub-menus instead of just getting what you want in the first place. Can you get used to it? Sure, but you can also get used to using a catheter every day, but that doesn't make it any more enjoyable.

Also, in other news KCD now wanted to redownload 24gb. So I'm just done with the game. It's really frustrating because I really wanted to play it, but such a stupid, simple, known bug and a series of install issues kept me from playing it.

#Muricaparrotgang

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

my copy isn't authenticated and I hate it

Why don't you buy a key for $6-$16?

I hate how much garbage they bundle with it I don't want and don't need.

Uninstall it and it's gone forever.

I hate that my Win10 PC username is part of my last name based off my MS account.

Should have used a name like Homer Simpson on your MS account.

I hate that trying to do simple shit like changing audio settings that's really simple, easy, quick, and compact in Win7 is spread all over the place, hidden behind waiting for an app to launch and then trying to find the button that brings up the same fucking window that's been present since 2000 that just works better in the first place. I also hate that it has a dumb, useless, large volume slider pop up on screen every time I change the volume, and that I need a third party app to make it invisible.

Weird, I have just one audio settings in the WIndows settings. For the volume thing, don't you have a surround sound system for your PC with a remote control that you can adjust the volume from your desk? I set my audio to 100% in Windows and then just use that remote control on my desk to adjust the volume. Never see that window volume thing.

I like that I can snap to all 3 monitors, but I absolutely hate that it forces an irritating as hell cursor trap in the monitor corners so your mouse gets stuck for no fucking reason. And despite people asking MS to remove that since its inception, it's still there and no one likes it.

I don't mind it. Mostly because I rarely use my second monitor. I always forget it's even there because I multitask on my primary 1440p monitor.

I hate that it took the clear and distinct tabs of the Task Manager and said "Fuck organization" and just crams everything into one long ass hard to read list.

Now this I agree with a little bit because I've yet to get to know every single process in there. I've cleared out dozens of things that use to take up RAM and CPU usage but there's always something lingering in there doing random things. I do mostly know all of them but a good once a month I have to look up what something new that I see in there is to make sure I need it. Got my memory down to around 18% usage while idle and I'm fine with that. I know it can be lower but it's fine with me from how high it used to be.

18 hours ago, Polemical said:

Why don't you buy a key for $6-$16?

Because I hate it. And if I wanted to I'm supposed to be able to use my Win7 key.

Uninstall it and it's gone forever.

Sure, except for all the stuff you can't.

Should have used a name like Homer Simpson on your MS account.

Fuck off. I made the account years ago, and there was no reason to not use my name which is also in my email and on my credit card. MS made the fucking big brain decision to require you to link your PC with their stupid accounts AND name your PC after it. It's fucking stupid and it shouldn't be required.

This is literally like telling someone who was in a car accident that they should've walked or rode a bike instead. Thanks for the help you dickhead.

Weird, I have just one audio settings in the WIndows settings. For the volume thing, don't you have a surround sound system for your PC with a remote control that you can adjust the volume from your desk? I set my audio to 100% in Windows and then just use that remote control on my desk to adjust the volume. Never see that window volume thing.

There's audio settings for mic inputs and communication lines along with audio outputs, they've been there since 2000. And for each of those they have options for audio bitrate, enhancements/effects, speaker setup, etc. On Win7 (I can't remember XP but it was pretty similar) you just right click the audio icon in the task bar and go straight to audio settings, where I can set up my speakers, the audio quality, positioning, etc. On Win10 it opens up an app but doesn't have the options for enhancements, audio quality, or speaker setup. It's hidden behind a text button on the right somewhere. It's annoying. And when you do get it, it's exactly the same window that's in 2000, XP, Win7, and Win8. It's a layer of obfuscation for no reason.

And no, I don't use the remote. It's significantly less convenient than just using the buttons I have assigned on my mouse, and then in the rare occasions I switch to my PS4 it won't be the completely wrong value. This is another one of your arguments of "It doesn't bother me, therefore it doesn't exist."

I don't mind it. Mostly because I rarely use my second monitor. I always forget it's even there because I multitask on my primary 1440p monitor.

The only use of it's existence is for window snapping, which is fine, but why is it on all the time? You can already "stick" the cursor to a monitor edge when dragging a window, and ONLY when dragging a window, so why the hell are the corners permanent cursor traps? Every time I try to close a window on my left monitor it gets stuck in the corner. They have the technology, people don't like it, but they won't change it.

Now this I agree with a little bit because I've yet to get to know every single process in there. I've cleared out dozens of things that use to take up RAM and CPU usage but there's always something lingering in there doing random things. I do mostly know all of them but a good once a month I have to look up what something new that I see in there is to make sure I need it. Got my memory down to around 18% usage while idle and I'm fine with that. I know it can be lower but it's fine with me from how high it used to be.

Well, sure, that too, but I mean mostly for organization. Win7 has tabs for applications, processes, services, performance, networking, and users, and Win10 just shoves everything into one clustered as hell panel and it's super hard to read. The only bonus is the performance charts it has are more in depth.

#Muricaparrotgang

5 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Because I hate it. And if I wanted to I'm supposed to be able to use my Win7 key.

What issue are you having using your Windows 7 key?

Sure, except for all the stuff you can't.

Revo

I made the account years ago, and there was no reason to not use my name which is also in my email and on my credit card. MS made the fucking big brain decision to require you to link your PC with their stupid accounts AND name your PC after it.

Made mine years ago too. Dirk Diggler. And I specifically used that name with the reason to not worry about what comes from going with that name. Not one car accident.

It's a layer of obfuscation for no reason.

Never once thought of it as that. To me, it's just there.

And no, I don't use the remote. It's significantly less convenient than just using the buttons I have assigned on my mouse, and then in the rare occasions I switch to my PS4 it won't be the completely wrong value. This is another one of your arguments of "It doesn't bother me, therefore it doesn't exist."

The remote is right beside my keyboard. As convenient as it gets for my hand to turn the knob. I switch to my Xbox One and the audio is still controlled by the remote or my Xbox One controller if I use headphones(which I rarely use).

It doesn't exist(for me), therefore it doesn't bother me.

The only use of it's existence is for window snapping, which is fine, but why is it on all the time? You can already "stick" the cursor to a monitor edge when dragging a window, and ONLY when dragging a window, so why the hell are the corners permanent cursor traps? Every time I try to close a window on my left monitor it gets stuck in the corner. They have the technology, people don't like it, but they won't change it.

I like it. No need to change what isn't broken. But like I said, I haven't used my second monitor enough to not like it. I do notice it, it just doesn't bother me at all. The mouse goes to the other monitor to do whatever so it's fine with me. Maybe if the mouse wasn't able to go over to my other monitor, now that might bother me.

Well, sure, that too, but I mean mostly for organization. Win7 has tabs for applications, processes, services, performance, networking, and users, and Win10 just shoves everything into one clustered as hell panel and it's super hard to read. The only bonus is the performance charts it has are more in depth.

I dunno, never used Windows 7. I'd imagine there's some type of software you could install that might modify your task manager to your liking. Seen lots of stuff like that before on YT videos such as this one... 

Not saying that software is in this video. I think you'll like the very first thing mentioned in this video. He informed us that MS is slowly phasing out the control panel. That news might be of interest to you but I do like to use the control panel so it may be news I won't be fond of in the future. I like these videos for finding out new things about WIndows 10. This guy does tons of these types of videos. I learned the Windows key + Shift + S from this guy. If you don't already know what that does, now you do. Super useful. It basically lets you copy and paste any part of your screen and save it.

1 hour ago, Polemical said:

What issue are you having using your Windows 7 key?

I'm still using my Win7 as my primary. I imagine nothing would actually happen if I authenticated Win10 with it, but just in case, I've left it alone.

Interesting. Still shouldn't have to use a third party app though.

Never once thought of it as that. To me, it's just there.

That's the thing though, it's not just there. It's hidden behind layers of sub menus.

The remote is right beside my keyboard. As convenient as it gets for my hand to turn the knob. I switch to my Xbox One and the audio is still controlled by the remote or my Xbox One controller if I use headphones(which I rarely use).

I have a G700s

image.png.3c7a0ef227a82d48c9c22a2d8bed7593.png

The top 2 buttons on the left I have as volume up/down keys and it's way more convenient than using my remote since my hand is already on it.

Maybe if the mouse wasn't able to go over to my other monitor, now that might bother me.

It doesn't. It literally gets stuck and will not move. There's like a 10 pixel catch in the corner. I guess if your using 1440, and it is actually a set 10 pixel catch it's technically smaller for you than it is for me on 1080. It'd be real small on 4k, but it's large enough on my screen that it gets stuck every time I try to close the window on another monitor, or if I drag the window to another monitor.

#Muricaparrotgang

6 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I'm still using my Win7 as my primary. I imagine nothing would actually happen if I authenticated Win10 with it, but just in case, I've left it alone.

fyi i have 2 laptops one 7 one 10 and  3 comps on same win 7 key. as long as the key isnt from a oem your good...oem throws a fit if more then one comp is on the same win 7 key. it will except upgrading to 10 but after that no more new hardware. and unfortunately if its a oem you have to upgrade first then once its gets its hardware id then you can do a fresh install