Dark Rock Pro 4

HellTheCRoss

I was wondering if the dark rock pro 4 is a solid choice for cooling an overclocked i7 9700k. Let's say it's oc'ed at 4.7+ ghz. If it's not very promising, should i go for a nh-d15?

Thank you!

Just now, HellTheCRoss said:

I was wondering if the dark rock pro 4 is a solid choice for cooling an overclocked i7 9700k. Let's say it's oc'ed at 4.7+ ghz. If it's not very promising, should i go for a nh-d15?

Thank you!

Hello,

They both perform very close and should handle 5GHz without problem, perhaps 5.1 or 5.2GHz if you are lucky and can keep the voltage low.

The DRP4 should be fine for that and is quieter but the NH-D15 performs a bit better.

What are your priorities?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Buy which ever you like better, they perform basically the same...

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit