Rear case fan up against mobo I/O shroud

maizenblue

So i installed a new mobo in my Corsair 450D. A z390 Asus Maximus Hero with a huge IO shroud like most mobos now. I had to remove my rear case fan just to get it in. In order to put the fan back it pushes up against the IO shroud in order to get the screws in the holes. 

My concern is that vibration from the fan will be directly transferred to the mobo. Would this be an issue? Should I just leave it off or try to mount it outside the rear of the case(which would reduce its effectiveness. 

Id like to clear heat from my case as im using a 9900k but im more worried about the potential vibration than the extra heat in the case. Am I just being OCD? Anyone with a corsair 450d case or other case run into this?

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

You should be fine. The vibratiton from a fan isn't going to harm the motherboard. Remember, these things are designed to have a heatsink attached and that causes vibration as well. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

• 2 years later...

Has the case fan caused any problems for you up until now? I am running into the same issue (120mm fan pressed against mobo I/O block), and this is one of only two forum posts I've found about it across the entire internet.

If it's fine, I'm down to leave it like that, but I'm incredibly concerned about the amount of pressure being applied to my motherboard.