Typing Speed

ZFD

Hey! Out of curiosity what is your typing speed?
Submit your typing speeds or anything related to typing (practice) here.

(It can not be misleading, keep it related to speed, accuracy, or quantity (of words, etc.)

--------------------------

My Top: 118 wpm
Average: 91 wpm

--------------------------

60-70WPM on a good day. I mostly type with like three fingers and never was able to find the time to type faster. Goes plenty fast though. I would say I'm pretty accurate most of the time, only missed keystrokes a couple times.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Casually, I'm probably around 60WPM, I count casual scenarios as like right now just typing up simple sentences. I type with around 4 fingers per hand so I have a pretty comfortable typing posture.

In serious, focused sessions such as using 10fastfingers or Type Racer, I do upwards of 90WPM. 10fastfingers makes use of only alphas so I don't need to focus on punctuation, I find this method good for testing keyswitches.

Type Racer is more real-world and so I find it good to practise there to make sure I stay consistent with my typing pace.

My peak on 10fastfingers was 113WPM and my peak on Type Racer was 104WPM, and each at around 95%+ accuracy.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Around 110.

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

Hunt and peck...WAS my strategy. 

I kinda learnt the keyboard pretty well for how frequently I type, but I'm still pretty slow. I mostly use my middle fingers, is that odd?

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

i tried one and i got 39wpm ?

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

40-70wpm when typing in English.

It all depends on what I am writing and in what language (English or Swedish).

Casual stuff on forums like this one or for work where I need to be more careful with my language. 

I usually use three finger per hand when typing (except pressing the space button with one of my thumbs).  

My pinkies gets left out ?

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

100 WPM is my average these days, it used to be 130 but I have some medical issues to deal with, so there's that. I touch type and that adds quite a bit of speed, my accuracy is okay, 95%+.

98 WPM Avg.
114 WPM Max

----

I know to "blind type", and i type with 2 fingers for the most of the time (I did use 5 fingers beforehand but now i cant do it)

10 hours ago, Jae Tee said:

Hunt and peck...was my strategy. 

I kinda learnt the keyboard pretty well for how frequently I type, but I'm still pretty slow. I mostly use my middle fingers, is that odd?

Yes, I find that odd, I would have thought index fingers.

1 minute ago, ZFD said:

Yes, I find that odd, I would have thought index fingers.

It makes me more accurate I guess....idono.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

4 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

It makes me more accurate I guess....idono.

Oh, intriguing! 

So you type with only 2 fingers?

Just now, ZFD said:

Oh, intriguing! 

So you type with only 2 fingers?

No, 6. My main punches are the middle which are substituted by the index when necessary, and thumbs for the spacebar. Whichever one is closer. 

1 minute ago, Jae Tee said:

No, 6. My main punches are the middle which are substituted by the index when necessary, and thumbs for the spacebar. Whichever one is closer. 

Of course!

my top speed is 83 words per minute, and as you can tell by the fact that I typed that out, I struggle with acronyms. My average is ~55 words per minute though.

21 minutes ago, CreativeName642 said:

my top speed is 83 words per minute, and as you can tell by the fact that I typed that out, I struggle with acronyms. My average is ~55 words per minute though.

words per minute

Max I can probably do ~80wpm on my ok, but not great, laptop keyboard. Everyday typing it probably drops down to 70ish :)

Max on my iPad onscreen keyboard is about 50

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

MacBook Pro 13" (2018) | ThinkPad x230 | iPad Air 2     

~(˘▾˘~)   (~˘▾˘)~

50 wpm If I practice enough, usually 40-45 average. 

Learned on my mom's type writer many years ago. I hated that damn thing.

TypingTest.com Results

TypeTest.thumb.png.ad975ba1510f97e782c5f0369e7e1b62.png

I guess 90 WPM on average, if you give me a script. I spend 60 billion minutes thinking about which words to use before I type.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

16 hours ago, Eschew said:

TypingTest.com Results

TypeTest.thumb.png.ad975ba1510f97e782c5f0369e7e1b62.png

I guess 90 WPM on average, if you give me a script. I spend 60 billion minutes thinking about which words to use before I type.

Hey, I like how you put a picture, as they say, its worth a thousand words. 

If you are making me type something on the screen I drop down to about 80-85 wpm. If I am typing out something from my head though then I easily break 100. Luckily for me the first scenario pretty much never happens.

Have you guys tried, NitroType?