Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Delicieuxz

Switzerland halts rollout of 5G over health concerns - Update: Swiss gov't denies the report

11 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Same. I have the note 9 and while theres scratches on the screen you cant see them unless the phones off and in good light. And I have dropped/thrown this phone so many times that I cant say it was from anything in my pocket lol.

"The cat knocked it off the bench!"

yeet!

16 hours ago, divito said:

I'm parroting what the American Cancer Society, the National Cancer Institute via the National Institutes of Health, and the International Agency for Research on Cancer say on their websites. I do not see how those organizations are misrepresenting the science behind it; they actually list many of the studies and their results. 

The NIH study that was actually linked on another page and quoted in my previous post goes over as much of the issues, and that they do see reactions, hence  “[Our results] go against the notion that non-ionizing radiation is completely harmless.”.

They are the authorities and all acknowledge that there is conflicting research and understudied areas that need to be given more focus to actually see the mechanisms. I will trust their information more than LTT forum-goers.

No, I just explained how your statements disagreed with your sources.

20 hours ago, greenmax said:

Those backdoor hacks would be endorsed by the CIA and internal defense teams on spying on citizens so no concerns would be raised. Only concern is China hence Huawaiiia

"We spy on our own people and no one bats an eye but as soon as someone else spies on our people suddenly we get all uppity!"

CPU - i5 6600k | RAM - 16 GB DDR4 2133MHz | GPU - MSI Gaming X RX470 4GB | MOBO -  Asus z170-P

What on earth is this thread about?!

I live in Switzerland. Our government has not blocked the implementation of 5g or even seriously discussed doing so.

Since the financial times article is behind a paywall, I can't even access it to get a better look at wtf wrote it, and who he thinks he's quoting, but it's simply nonsense. (Among other things, the BAFU just presents reports. It can't make anyone place a moratorium on anything. And while 2-3 of our 26 cantons have placed moratoriums on 5g development, they most definitely do not make federal policy!)

I wish I could give you guys a link to disprove the claims, but since no one here has heard anything about any such initiative, there's nothing there. All I can just say that I'm Swiss, I follow the news, and I even asked my daughter and her boyfriend, both Masters students at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, to please check. The claims made in the article quoted are false.

Spoiler

PSU: Corsair rm1000 / MB: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming / CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x / RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) / GPU: Gigabyte 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G / OS: Windows 10 / Screen: Samsung CRG9 (5120 x 1440) / Case: Silverstone FT02 (modded for WC) / Rad: Magicool 180 Triple / Pump: Alphacool VPP755  / Res: Aquabox Professional / CPU Block: EK Supremacy Clear Acetal / GPU Blocks: Bykski N-GV1080TIG1-X VGA for Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G 

4 minutes ago, mikegray said:

What on earth is this thread about?!

I live in Switzerland. Our government has not blocked the implementation of 5g or even seriously discussed doing so.

Since the financial times article is behind a paywall, I can't even access it to get a better look at wtf wrote it, and who he thinks he's quoting, but it's simply nonsense. (Among other things, the BAFU just presents reports. It can't make anyone place a moratorium on anything. And while 2-3 of our 26 cantons have placed moratoriums on 5g development, they most definitely do not make federal policy!)

I wish I could give you guys a link to disprove the claims, but since no one here has heard anything about any such initiative, there's nothing there. All I can just say that I'm Swiss, I follow the news, and I even asked my daughter and her boyfriend, both Masters students at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, to please check. The claims made in the article quoted are false.

Some one earlier said it was all basically BS (like most media articles, they are just jumping on the hype train for clicks), I think the discussion quickly moved on to the research status of health and RF technology.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

Yeah...

Updated, 2.49pm, 14 February 2020: Since the original publication of the story in the Financial Times, the Swiss Federal Office for the Environment has denied plans for a blanket ban on 5G in Switzerland. The agency said it had written to the country’s cantons about the placement of 5G equipment, but the assertion that previous reports had made about halting 5G entirely were “misleading”.

While some cantons had imposed restrictions on planning permission for 5G sites, it does not apply to the whole of Switzerland. This article was updated to reflect these comments.

10 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Yeah...

Weird - I missed that correction completely, and I don't understand how that happened.

So long as the OP has ALSO added the correction, that's better - though I would prefer that the thread title also added something like [DEBUNKED].

If you or a friend or family member is working in related tech fields, you might be surprised at how easily a stupid piece of fake news like this can effect someone's livelihood - and even intelligent readers can miss a correction lower down in the text. (Apparently, I did, after studying the OP very carefully and forwarding it to two people who ALSO studied it and forwarded it to other people - etc. - all of whim ALSO missed the correction.)

Spoiler

PSU: Corsair rm1000 / MB: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming / CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x / RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) / GPU: Gigabyte 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G / OS: Windows 10 / Screen: Samsung CRG9 (5120 x 1440) / Case: Silverstone FT02 (modded for WC) / Rad: Magicool 180 Triple / Pump: Alphacool VPP755  / Res: Aquabox Professional / CPU Block: EK Supremacy Clear Acetal / GPU Blocks: Bykski N-GV1080TIG1-X VGA for Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G