Windows 10 Goes Black after flag [with video]

alvez

Hello guys,

First of all this is a brand new build and you can see the specs bellow.

CPU: RYZEN 5 3600X

MOBO: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

RAM: GSKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 3600 CL18

PSU: TX650M CORSAIR

SSD: MX500 + MX100

GPU: GTX 1660 SUPER

The problem is basicly what you see in the video, it starts normally and then goes black just after windows blue flag shows up.

After I force the shutdown by pressing the power button, it stats up as normally as nothing happened without any problem.

After I shut it down on windows and then if I try to power it up by pressing the button again it does the same thing.

PROBLEM:

Could you please help?

PLEASE..

| Case: Cooler Master Elite 371 | Cpu: i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 |

| Gpu: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB | HDD: Samsung 128GB Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 

| Screen: Benq XL2411Z | Mouse: Logitech G 403 | Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK+ NiP Edition | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud |

Maybe try to go into safe mode and repair/refresh windows. Also i would create an Linux USB media and boot from that, validating that your hardware is ok.

I am NOT a native english speaker and use translate a lot, please do not take it literally and bear with me.

Just asking, do you have a VR-Headset?

for me it seems like it has another monitor as main monitor.

24 minutes ago, IrishJ said:

Just asking, do you have a VR-Headset?

for me it seems like it has another monitor as main monitor.

But wouldn't windows then show a taskbar and wallpaper on the second screen?

I am NOT a native english speaker and use translate a lot, please do not take it literally and bear with me.

Just now, Bumbummen said:

yes when he hasn't a password set up.

when he does have a password, and another screen connected one stays dark and the other shows the login screen from windows.

1 hour ago, IrishJ said:

yes when he hasn't a password set up.

when he does have a password, and another screen connected one stays dark and the other shows the login screen from windows.

1 hour ago, Bumbummen said:

I think that I found the problem. 

I didnt instal my main SSD as UEFI + GPT.

the disk just show as CRUCIALMX500(....) and there is nothing else there than my other SSD that is storage.

There should be 1: Windows Boot ManagerCRUCIALMX500(...) AND 2: UEFI-CRUCIALMX500(...)

This can be causing the issue right?

THANKS!

| Case: Cooler Master Elite 371 | Cpu: i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 |

| Gpu: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB | HDD: Samsung 128GB Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 

| Screen: Benq XL2411Z | Mouse: Logitech G 403 | Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK+ NiP Edition | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud |

7 hours ago, alvez said:

I think that I found the problem. 

I didnt instal my main SSD as UEFI + GPT.

the disk just show as CRUCIALMX500(....) and there is nothing else there than my other SSD that is storage.

There should be 1: Windows Boot ManagerCRUCIALMX500(...) AND 2: UEFI-CRUCIALMX500(...)

This can be causing the issue right?

THANKS!

Could be the issue, I dont know but i then ask myself where the whindows flag came from? I mean it is boothing something.

Did you verify that hardware is working? Did the build ever work before?

If you know for sure that you did not install windows correctly in UEFI mode i would fix that and see if that changes anything.