Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
s a n d

Windows won't download because it shows I don't have a drive installed, even though I have a drive

Posted · Original PosterOP

just finished building my first rig, the only drive I have at the moment is a WD Blue M.2 ssd, which i installed on Sunday, but just now got a dvi cable to connect my pc to my monitor, upon booting to the bios, and getting to the windows setup, I got to the step where you choose a drive to install the os to, but windows won't show that my m.2 is there, and doesn't recognize it at all, so idk what to do. I'm downloading windows via usb drive that I downloaded from the internet, not a copy I paid for. If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd love a response.

Probably configured or even plugged you drive in wrong. Double check that.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

40 minutes ago, s a n d said:

just finished building my first rig, the only drive I have at the moment is a WD Blue M.2 ssd, which i installed on Sunday, but just now got a dvi cable to connect my pc to my monitor, upon booting to the bios, and getting to the windows setup, I got to the step where you choose a drive to install the os to, but windows won't show that my m.2 is there, and doesn't recognize it at all, so idk what to do. I'm downloading windows via usb drive that I downloaded from the internet, not a copy I paid for. If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd love a response.

move the m.2 drive to the other slot.

i don't know what mainboard you have but anyway, nvme disks are not found under disks. .. but under advanced /nvme/storage or something like that,  you probably need to download chicpset drivers and disk controller/sata drivers first time to see it in windows setup. ad those to a usb, and plug it inn and in setup you need to select add drivers and search out on the usb that should be visible if you put them on the usb you install from. find them install them select the disk that shows up and contintue install