Feeling board, depressed or lonely ? Come say hi

Ebony Falcon
5 hours ago, RGBisKey said:

Feeling really lonely/isolated. I've got no friends and I'm stuck in a relationship I'm not sure I want to be in anymore. Honestly hope I get the human malware at this point 😕

Well there’s here.  No one wants to be in.  We are anyway though.  Look on the “bright” side.  You might already have it.  That’s the thing bout this bug.  You can have it for a week or two, carry it around with you, and not know it.  
The issue with staying in is even more about caring for others because you might be a carrier as it is about caring for yourself.  If you can’t do it for yourself, do it for everyone else.  

If you’re feeling only a bit blue call someone.  They’re probably in too.  Parents are great for that if you got any.  Mine have been dead for a long time now.  I text my sisters.  

It sounds like more than a bit though.  Check depression symptoms.  Depression is a bastard.  Messes with your head.  Makes unreasonable things seem reasonable.

at any rate hang in there.  As far as “not being in” goes that’s doable if there’s no lockdown. The Outside isn’t contaminated.  Get some sun on your face.  Amazing how much that can help.  If it really really helps you might be short on vitamin D.  You can talk to people who are 6 feet away.  Go for a walk.  Wave and smile at strangers.  They’re in the same boat as you and are possibly walking for the same reason.  I never used to go for walks. I’m doing it every day now.  Social distance isn’t lockdown.  Unless there actually is a lockdown in your area or you’re sick.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, RGBisKey said:

Its pretty much been all I can think about lately. It makes my thoughts an indecipherable mess

Is your area on lock down or just social distancing?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

57 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Well there’s here.  No one wants to be in.  We are anyway though.  Look on the “bright” side.  You might already have it.  That’s the thing bout this bug.  You can have it for a week or two, carry it around with you, and not know it.  
The issue with staying in is even more about caring for others because you might be a carrier as it is about caring for yourself.  If you can’t do it for yourself, do it for everyone else.  

If you’re feeling only a bit blue call someone.  They’re probably in too.  Parents are great for that if you got any.  Mine have been dead for a long time now.  I text my sisters.  

It sounds like more than a bit though.  Check depression symptoms.  Depression is a bastard.  Messes with your head.  Makes unreasonable things seem reasonable.

at any rate hang in there.  As far as “not being in” goes that’s doable if there’s no lockdown. The Outside isn’t contaminated.  Get some sun on your face.  Amazing how much that can help.  If it really really helps you might be short on vitamin D.  You can talk to people who are 6 feet away.  Go for a walk.  Wave and smile at strangers.  They’re in the same boat as you and are possibly walking for the same reason.  I never used to go for walks. I’m doing it every day now.  Social distance isn’t lockdown.  Unless there actually is a lockdown in your area or you’re sick.

First off, thank you for the kind words. As a little background, I've been diagnosed with severe depression for about 3 years now. I live in Pennsylvania and the state went into a state of all non "life sustaining" businesses to be closed. I work in the HVAC industry and my company is going to be fighting it. They are going with the excuse that we occasionally sell parts that go to a hospital. Emphasis on occasionally. I'm not sure that the government will agree or not. It scares me because we have trucks coming in from all over the state and I am an increased danger person because of my asthma. Life is a lot right now

That is rough. I feel you though. We have a scare right now with one of our employees being sick with some of the symptoms. I have been discussing with my boss that we may have to shutdown. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

1 minute ago, RGBisKey said:

First off, thank you for the kind words. As a little background, I've been diagnosed with severe depression for about 3 years now. I live in Pennsylvania and the state went into a state of all non "life sustaining" businesses to be closed. I work in the HVAC industry and my company is going to be fighting it. They are going with the excuse that we occasionally sell parts that go to a hospital. Emphasis on occasionally. I'm not sure that the government will agree or not. It scares me because we have trucks coming in from all over the state and I am an increased danger person because of my asthma. Life is a lot right now

If you’ve been diagnosed you’ll have a therapist. If you got depression symptoms might need to give them a call.  Therapists are doing mostly phone and video chat stuff lately but they’re still working.  Sounds like you’re going to be one of the moving dots.  Be careful.  

for a description of what I mean by moving dot there’s a Washington post article they’re giving out for free on it.  My gmail is still messed up so I can’t give you a link, but if you google “Washington post flatten the curve” it might come up.

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If you’ve been diagnosed you’ll have a therapist. If you got depression symptoms might need to give them a call.  Therapists are doing mostly phone and video chat stuff lately but they’re still working.  Sounds like you’re going to be one of the moving dots.  Be careful.  

for a description of what I mean by moving dot there’s a Washington post article they’re giving out for free on it.  My gmail is still messed up so I can’t give you a link, but if you google “Washington post flatten the curve” it might come up.

I found the article and see what you mean. I have a strong feeling that if i continue to have to work I'll catch it

6 minutes ago, RGBisKey said:

I found the article and see what you mean. I have a strong feeling that if i continue to have to work I'll catch it

We’re all gonna catch it most likely whether we work or not.  The trick is to do it slowly enough that the medical response isn’t overwhelmed like it is in Italy atm.  If we can slow it down enough there might even be a vaccine.  That’s over a year away though.  Move as I understand it currently is pretend you have it whether you do or not, pretend everyone else has it whether they do or not.  The shit is invisible, which makes things hard.  Monitor symptoms, monitor yourself, prep for eventual illness and lockdown.  When a person does show symptoms it means they’ve had it for a while.  Hence the pretend stuff.  Athsma isn’t one of the big lung issues like COPD.  You might wind up in a hospital though.  Or you might not.

I had a really depressive day today before California’s lockdown started. Felt like an evil person each time I had to tell my customers the limits at the check stand on essential items. Thought I was going to cry a couple of times because I have that thing where when I get really angry I get teary eyed. Absolute swarm and panic. It’s only going to get worse.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X