Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ebony Falcon

Feeling board, depressed or lonely ? Come say hi

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Just a thread for people to come chill in if your feeling like poop

 

its a off topic thread so feel free to talk about anything 

rant about games or hardware 

or pretty much anything 

 

I often find me self looking at my phone with no one to talk to ect so if any of you guys are in the same boat let’s hang out n chill 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm bored at work rn so I can start off, what all games are y'all playing and actually enjoying rn? I've been feeling meh in most of my usual games, but mucking around with BOTW in CEMU last night was quite nice. At 4K60 with proper AA and some other stuff from Reshade it's damned impressive. Still need to tweak the colors and such more though, may do that tonight. 


X58-X79-X99-X299 lads: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread - Murica (But International) Parrot Gang

 

Big Rig (Done) - (Main Rig) - i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz/3.7Ghz core/uncore - Custom Loop: 2x 360GTS with EK-ZMT/Stubbies and EK D5 pump/res combo - EVGA X99 Classified - 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3200MHz CL16 XMP - AMD Radeon VII (best TimeSpy so far: here) - 1TB 970 Evo - Corsair RM1000i - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG - 6x iPPC NF-F12 2000 

X79 Rig (Done) - (Alt Rig 1)- i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz - EVGA CLC 280 w/NF-P14s fans - EVGA X79 Dark - 16GBGB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600Mhz CL9 XMP - EVGA GTX 1660 Ti XC Ultra - MX500 1TB - 2x Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB - EVGA 1000W G3 w/CableMod PRO Carbon cables - Phanteks P400 (White) - NF-P12

 

X58 Rig (Done) - (Alt Rig 2) - Xeon X5675 @ 4.4/3.7 core/uncore- NH-D15S - EVGA X58 Classified SLI 4-Way - 24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage Red DDR3 @ 1750Mhz CL9-10-10-27 - 2x EVGA Classified 780s - 120GB HyperX SSD - EVGA 1600W T2 - Corsair 750D - 5x iPPC NF-A14 3000 PWM

 

2019 13" rMBP (i5/8GB/256GB) {work} - 2012 13" MBP (i5/16GB/525GB) {mine} - iPhone 11 Pro Max + Apple Watch S3 42mm - iPod Classic 6G 80GB running Rockbox + iPod Classic 5.5G Enhanced 30GB also on Rockbox - iPhone X - iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.3

 

whip and nae nae

Link to post
Share on other sites

surely I am not, but often times I feel like I am up against the whole world by myself. I am not great at keeping in contact with people and have a hard time connecting with people and often don't know when people want me away or not..

I don't know why I am typing this here, this forum is only of the only places I feel somewhat comfortable.

 

so. uh.. Hey!


I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

I'm bored at work rn so I can start off, what all games are y'all playing and actually enjoying rn? I've been feeling meh in most of my usual games, but mucking around with BOTW in CEMU last night was quite nice. At 4K60 with proper AA and some other stuff from Reshade it's damned impressive. Still need to tweak the colors and such more though, may do that tonight. 

What pc specs do you have to get botw emulated properly at 4K 60 ?

i always liked look of this game but didn’t wanna buy a switch ! 
 

im currently playing surge 2 ( dark souls rip off! Or is it ?) it’s really good, I rate it above the from games 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna lie, I’m a shitty person. Everyone loves to pretend that they give a fuck about me, but everyone’s out for their own personal interests. I’m not here to be cared for, I’m just here to be exploited and to be used like a sex trafficked person. I don’t deserve sympathy nor does anyone need to listen to me, but I digress.


Local asshole and VHS collector. Less than avid Team Fortress 2 player.

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Brendan

 

moo floof enthusiast, pm me moo rabbit pics

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, minibois said:

surely I am not, but often times I feel like I am up against the whole world by myself. I am not great at keeping in contact with people and have a hard time connecting with people and often don't know when people want me away or not..

I don't know why I am typing this here, this forum is only of the only places I feel somewhat comfortable.

 

so. uh.. Hey!

Hey bro :) ! I feel ya 

“life’s a bitch then you die”


if you wanna play some games tomorrow we can chill in discord or whatever and play something stupid 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

Not gonna lie, I’m a shitty person. Everyone loves to pretend that they give a fuck about me, but everyone’s out for their own personal interests. I’m not here to be cared for, I’m just here to be exploited and to be used like a sex trafficked person. I don’t deserve sympathy nor does anyone need to listen to me, but I digress.

Well we don’t know you so I won’t pretend to care more than I would for anyone else 

but as I said above maby we could get a discord set up for people feeling like shite or what ever and find some f2p games and make some new friends ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

I often find me self looking at my phone with no one to talk to ect so if any of you guys are in the same boat let’s hang out n chill 

 

Donˋt see it so negative. I love for example that no one wants my attention or bothers me with their crap.

 

Have you thought that you are maybe tired of gaming? It happened to me

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Teddy07 said:

Donˋt see it so negative. I love for example that no one wants my attention or bothers me with their crap.

 

Have you thought that you are maybe tired of gaming? It happened to me

I get ya :) 

min quit happy to play games by my self but I know I suffer from depression and not great with social situations 

 

but was kinda hoping if anyone was feeling the
same I cold make a discord or something and people feeling shitty and also tech savvy could hang out with each other so that maby we don’t have to feel like crap so much ? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Not gonna lie, I’m a shitty person. Everyone loves to pretend that they give a fuck about me, but everyone’s out for their own personal interests. I’m not here to be cared for, I’m just here to be exploited and to be used like a sex trafficked person. I don’t deserve sympathy nor does anyone need to listen to me, but I digress.

 

You might be surprised at who cares, some people just have a difficult time showing it. Self-interest is ingrained into human nature, someone can at times be self-serving but still have empathy/kindness for others, it's a balance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ebony Falcon said:

What pc specs do you have to get botw emulated properly at 4K 60 ?

i always liked look of this game but didn’t wanna buy a switch ! 

I'm running an OCed 5960X and RVII. Pretty sure if you run more reasonable settings 4K is possible on a lower GPU. But even full 1080p60 is amazing (the Switch will run 1080p30fps when docked, but struggles in heavy rain or the Korok Forest). I'm running 4K because I have my big rig hooked up to my TV now, and that's the native res. Looks miles better than a quarter the resolution on the Switch. 

For handheld mode or on a 1080p screen, the Switch is damned impressive. Also it can do things the PC cannot, like sleep in the middle of a game, then wake 2 weeks later, dropping not a single frame once coming back on (a process that takes one button click to wake the device, tapping any button 3 times, then un-pausing the game you left open). 
 

4 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

im currently playing surge 2 ( dark souls rip off! Or is it ?) it’s really good, I rate it above the from games 

Oooo. I sadly haven't touched the Dark Souls games, I have a feeling the controls would cause me to commit death. I have uh... the weeb version of that basically, Code Vein. Controls drive me mad. Fallen Order combat is also something I find annoying, though I adore the rest of the game. I'm just not good at memorizing attack patterns and timings. Think I'm too scatterbrained lol. 
 

That does look like quite the game though, is the lore any good? I'll often randomly consume lore or review videos on games even if I don't play them, just because they're interesting. 

 

1 minute ago, Teddy07 said:

Have you thought that you are maybe tired of gaming?

Oof this is also a thing lol. At this point I mostly play games that feel good to run around in (DOOM's controls are amazing, as are Destiny 2's, anything with not-smooth feeling input I can't stand). And for the fashion, that's my main reason for hanging on to Destiny right now. Main reason I boot up Forza Horizon 4 sometimes too. Just did the other night, it's nice to muck around with different colors for cars, and the camera mode can spit out some cool stuff:
IMG_0230.thumb.JPG.b7c8fcf5de916b8952777fc243b267b0.JPG

 

IMG_0229.thumb.JPG.3d338b71258f79636cd24f126f95556f.JPG

 

IMG_0228.thumb.JPG.b6f3dd19963f3ca7d99773e8ca893bb8.JPG

 

These are the best I have so far. Some lads manage to take ones that look basically photorealistic, it's insane. Highly reccomend the game if you can find it on sale, but unless you like the PvP side or actually doing the racing (lol I just muck around in freeplay and with upgrading all sorts of cars to see what they can do), the full price is a hard yikes. I think the full version with the car passes is $90 or so, maybe more? Bought it a while ago so I don't remember. 


X58-X79-X99-X299 lads: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread - Murica (But International) Parrot Gang

 

Big Rig (Done) - (Main Rig) - i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz/3.7Ghz core/uncore - Custom Loop: 2x 360GTS with EK-ZMT/Stubbies and EK D5 pump/res combo - EVGA X99 Classified - 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3200MHz CL16 XMP - AMD Radeon VII (best TimeSpy so far: here) - 1TB 970 Evo - Corsair RM1000i - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG - 6x iPPC NF-F12 2000 

X79 Rig (Done) - (Alt Rig 1)- i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz - EVGA CLC 280 w/NF-P14s fans - EVGA X79 Dark - 16GBGB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600Mhz CL9 XMP - EVGA GTX 1660 Ti XC Ultra - MX500 1TB - 2x Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB - EVGA 1000W G3 w/CableMod PRO Carbon cables - Phanteks P400 (White) - NF-P12

 

X58 Rig (Done) - (Alt Rig 2) - Xeon X5675 @ 4.4/3.7 core/uncore- NH-D15S - EVGA X58 Classified SLI 4-Way - 24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage Red DDR3 @ 1750Mhz CL9-10-10-27 - 2x EVGA Classified 780s - 120GB HyperX SSD - EVGA 1600W T2 - Corsair 750D - 5x iPPC NF-A14 3000 PWM

 

2019 13" rMBP (i5/8GB/256GB) {work} - 2012 13" MBP (i5/16GB/525GB) {mine} - iPhone 11 Pro Max + Apple Watch S3 42mm - iPod Classic 6G 80GB running Rockbox + iPod Classic 5.5G Enhanced 30GB also on Rockbox - iPhone X - iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.3

 

whip and nae nae

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ebony Falcon said:

min quit happy to play games by my self but I know I suffer from depression and not great with social situations 

Have you tried hitting the gym or sports?

I recently started training in the gym and it is incredibly how it improves my mood. I always leave the gym in peace with the world because burning off energy + good music is just awesome

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Hey bro :) ! I feel ya 

“life’s a bitch then you die”


if you wanna play some games tomorrow we can chill in discord or whatever and play something stupid 

Have school, schoolwork and actual work today and tomorrow ?

I just kinda browse the forum in the off-times I do have

 

The only game I have played in the last month has been Pokemon, just casually 'shiny hunting'.

Would love to get back into Dirt again, but everytime I played a game (other than Pokemon) I kinda feel guilty for playing, since I could be doing other stuff too :/ 


I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

@Zando Bob awesome il give it a try I have 8700k and 2080 so not too far from what u have :)

 

yeah it’s very har learning curve at the start but once u get it and you kill the first boss ect you feel amazing like you have actually achieved something haha 

heart racing hands shaking 

 

yeah the lore is great but you have to dig around for it and find audio files ect 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

@Zando Bob awesome il give it a try I have 8700k and 2080 so not too far from what u have :)

 

yeah it’s very har learning curve at the start but once u get it and you kill the first boss ect you feel amazing like you have actually achieved something haha 

heart racing hands shaking 

 

yeah the lore is great but you have to dig around for it and find audio files ect 

Noice! And if you wanna get into WiiU CEMU emulation, BSoD Gaming in YouTube is your man. He makes guides every time CEMU is updated, with the tips and tricks for best performance and such. Just released a guide on BOTW with Reshade, that's why I was messing with it the other night. 

The game itself you'll have to dump off a WiiU or pirate, but I can't help you with the ?‍☠️ part here ?


X58-X79-X99-X299 lads: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread - Murica (But International) Parrot Gang

 

Big Rig (Done) - (Main Rig) - i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz/3.7Ghz core/uncore - Custom Loop: 2x 360GTS with EK-ZMT/Stubbies and EK D5 pump/res combo - EVGA X99 Classified - 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3200MHz CL16 XMP - AMD Radeon VII (best TimeSpy so far: here) - 1TB 970 Evo - Corsair RM1000i - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG - 6x iPPC NF-F12 2000 

X79 Rig (Done) - (Alt Rig 1)- i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz - EVGA CLC 280 w/NF-P14s fans - EVGA X79 Dark - 16GBGB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600Mhz CL9 XMP - EVGA GTX 1660 Ti XC Ultra - MX500 1TB - 2x Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB - EVGA 1000W G3 w/CableMod PRO Carbon cables - Phanteks P400 (White) - NF-P12

 

X58 Rig (Done) - (Alt Rig 2) - Xeon X5675 @ 4.4/3.7 core/uncore- NH-D15S - EVGA X58 Classified SLI 4-Way - 24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage Red DDR3 @ 1750Mhz CL9-10-10-27 - 2x EVGA Classified 780s - 120GB HyperX SSD - EVGA 1600W T2 - Corsair 750D - 5x iPPC NF-A14 3000 PWM

 

2019 13" rMBP (i5/8GB/256GB) {work} - 2012 13" MBP (i5/16GB/525GB) {mine} - iPhone 11 Pro Max + Apple Watch S3 42mm - iPod Classic 6G 80GB running Rockbox + iPod Classic 5.5G Enhanced 30GB also on Rockbox - iPhone X - iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.3

 

whip and nae nae

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Noice! And if you wanna get into WiiU CEMU emulation, BSoD Gaming in YouTube is your man. He makes guides every time CEMU is updated, with the tips and tricks for best performance and such. Just released a guide on BOTW with Reshade, that's why I was messing with it the other night. 

The game itself you'll have to dump off a WiiU or pirate, but I can't help you with the ?‍☠️ part here ?

As it would happen I’m a master of sailing but il check his videos for sure :)

 

how is the game tho is it good ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
17 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Have you tried hitting the gym or sports?

I recently started training in the gym and it is incredibly how it improves my mood. I always leave the gym in peace with the world because burning off energy + good music is just awesome

I have I’m into archery and swimming but I’m awaiting surgery on my knee so currntly I can’t do anything :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ebony Falcon said:

As it would happen I’m a master of sailing but il check his videos for sure :)

 

how is the game tho is it good ?

It's good enough that that game alone sold out Nintendo Switches for months and had people willing to pay a scalper $600 for one, which is twice the $299 MSRP... 

I like it better than any of the other Switch games I have, but that's personal preference. As objectively as one can rate a game though, it's a masterpiece. Very few flaws with the game, and most of those are related to not that much of a story (well, not one slammed in your face, but there's a ton of cool interactions throughout the game), and the final boss is pretty disappointing. Most of those are due to how open the game is, and that's also where it shines. Massive open world, no loading screens unless you fast travel, physics engine can be very fun to abuse. Once you have more resources later in the game (or just enable cheats in CEMU lol) combat can be easily cheesed, but you can just as easily choose to not cheese it, so I can't blame the game for that. A couple shrines are annoying (or impossible without motion controls in CEMU, but there may be a way to skip those/complete them without it somehow, I haven't looked into that yet) but that's about it. 

The art style and direction are absolute perfection, animations are top tier, all the little details are executed perfectly. The world feels alive and vast, and it's actually more fun to do a no-fast travel playthrough if you're into exploration (I'm doing that on my Switch Lite since it doesn't sync over the save from my big Switch). Fashion is quite good as well, there's lots of kits to discover in many different places. Most have interactions with an NPC or book left somewhere that'll give you clues, or you can just be lazy like me and google the guide ?

If you have no moral objection to Robin Hood-ing the game for yourself then I highly recommend it. I get around the moral side with the justification that I do own an actual hard copy of it (it's for the Switch but that's a minor detail ?). 
 

dm me on Discord at ZandoBob#6969 I swear I totally don't have the files ?


X58-X79-X99-X299 lads: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread - Murica (But International) Parrot Gang

 

Big Rig (Done) - (Main Rig) - i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz/3.7Ghz core/uncore - Custom Loop: 2x 360GTS with EK-ZMT/Stubbies and EK D5 pump/res combo - EVGA X99 Classified - 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3200MHz CL16 XMP - AMD Radeon VII (best TimeSpy so far: here) - 1TB 970 Evo - Corsair RM1000i - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG - 6x iPPC NF-F12 2000 

X79 Rig (Done) - (Alt Rig 1)- i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz - EVGA CLC 280 w/NF-P14s fans - EVGA X79 Dark - 16GBGB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600Mhz CL9 XMP - EVGA GTX 1660 Ti XC Ultra - MX500 1TB - 2x Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB - EVGA 1000W G3 w/CableMod PRO Carbon cables - Phanteks P400 (White) - NF-P12

 

X58 Rig (Done) - (Alt Rig 2) - Xeon X5675 @ 4.4/3.7 core/uncore- NH-D15S - EVGA X58 Classified SLI 4-Way - 24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage Red DDR3 @ 1750Mhz CL9-10-10-27 - 2x EVGA Classified 780s - 120GB HyperX SSD - EVGA 1600W T2 - Corsair 750D - 5x iPPC NF-A14 3000 PWM

 

2019 13" rMBP (i5/8GB/256GB) {work} - 2012 13" MBP (i5/16GB/525GB) {mine} - iPhone 11 Pro Max + Apple Watch S3 42mm - iPod Classic 6G 80GB running Rockbox + iPod Classic 5.5G Enhanced 30GB also on Rockbox - iPhone X - iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.3

 

whip and nae nae

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

It's good enough that that game alone sold out Nintendo Switches for months and had people willing to pay a scalper $600 for one, which is twice the $299 MSRP... 

I like it better than any of the other Switch games I have, but that's personal preference. As objectively as one can rate a game though, it's a masterpiece. Very few flaws with the game, and most of those are related to not that much of a story (well, not one slammed in your face, but there's a ton of cool interactions throughout the game), and the final boss is pretty disappointing. Most of those are due to how open the game is, and that's also where it shines. Massive open world, no loading screens unless you fast travel, physics engine can be very fun to abuse. Once you have more resources later in the game (or just enable cheats in CEMU lol) combat can be easily cheesed, but you can just as easily choose to not cheese it, so I can't blame the game for that. A couple shrines are annoying (or impossible without motion controls in CEMU, but there may be a way to skip those/complete them without it somehow, I haven't looked into that yet) but that's about it. 

The art style and direction are absolute perfection, animations are top tier, all the little details are executed perfectly. The world feels alive and vast, and it's actually more fun to do a no-fast travel playthrough if you're into exploration (I'm doing that on my Switch Lite since it doesn't sync over the save from my big Switch). Fashion is quite good as well, there's lots of kits to discover in many different places. Most have interactions with an NPC or book left somewhere that'll give you clues, or you can just be lazy like me and google the guide ?

If you have no moral objection to Robin Hood-ing the game for yourself then I highly recommend it. I get around the moral side with the justification that I do own an actual hard copy of it (it's for the Switch but that's a minor detail ?). 
 

dm me on Discord at ZandoBob#6969 I swear I totally don't have the files ?

Ok I’m sold on it haha 

I do think if you have never played a souls game  dark souls 3 is a good one

yiu can farm up lvs early on and become op until you get the hang of it 

it’s actually a very fun rpg with endless replay ability 

the law is top tier 

 

I’m sure a man of your skills can find it 

 

the controls are also a lot more responsive than fallen Jedi, the mechanics are really on point 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×