Keyboard types by itself

Wyo
Go to solution Solved by Wyo,
2 hours ago, YoFavRussian said:

Well don't forget that most of these devices now that are marketed towards gaming have on-board memory, the macro may be stored in the keyboard itself. It's my suggestion because it's the same characters over and over when you hit the same button. It leads me to believe that it's got a macro set up on the keyboard. It would probably be worth a try to reset the the profiles on the keyboard.

My man @YoFavRussian big thanks. Used this link to find out about ASUS " Record macros on-the-fly " feature. Made complete reset on keyboard macros and everything works perfectly now. Thank you. 

-close

So I have noticed this issue and its driving me pretty crazy atm because I cant seem to find out whats causing it.

Lets start by the actual problem, that you can see in the video. I open up Notepad and all I press is right SHIFT and letter s and it starts this auto type thing and writes down word in Latvian  ( sodien ) and some other letters/symbols, deletes something, tries to switch between programs and then stops, always same thing. I guess its some type of macro, but I have checked my keyboard app that lets me control rgb and some other gaming features that I dont use, and there is no active macros. Uninstalled that app but with no luck either. Tried different types of weird shit, but didnt help me. This occurs whenever I try to type special Latvian language characters. For example Im writing this and it hasnt occured. But also when I touch right shift or alt gr key, like for example in AfterEffects of some game. 

Would appreciate any type of help regarding this issue.

Maybe it's a prank? Is there no 2nd keyboard in device manager.

Make sure you change input language before you try to type special characters.

54 minutes ago, RageTester said:

Maybe it's a prank? Is there no 2nd keyboard in device manager.

Make sure you change input language before you try to type special characters.

cant be a prank, I'm the only user. Attached picture how device manager sees keyboard and other devices. My input language hasn't changed since the day I installed win. Always worked. I have 2 input methods, when I type in English, I use US keyboard style and when I type in Latvian and I need these special characters I use Latvian keyboard style QWERTY. I tried to set input method to US keyboard style, it still does the same thing but with US keys.

Capture.JPG

48 minutes ago, Wyo said:

cant be a prank, I'm the only user. Attached picture how device manager sees keyboard and other devices. My input language hasn't changed since the day I installed win. Always worked. I have 2 input methods, when I type in English, I use US keyboard style and when I type in Latvian and I need these special characters I use Latvian keyboard style QWERTY. I tried to set input method to US keyboard style, it still does the same thing but with US keys.

Capture.JPG

It doesn't directly appear to have any ability to do macros, but it's the same thing every time? If it is I would try to download the software and reset the onboard profile for the keyboard. I got a Cougar 700K for $20 one time because some guy didn't know that it had macros and he thought the keys were sticking.

9 hours ago, YoFavRussian said:

It doesn't directly appear to have any ability to do macros, but it's the same thing every time? If it is I would try to download the software and reset the onboard profile for the keyboard. I got a Cougar 700K for $20 one time because some guy didn't know that it had macros and he thought the keys were sticking.

10 hours ago, YoFavRussian said:

The keyboard software has ability to do macros, I imagine Windows has its own thing buried somewhere too, but the problem is I have never used macros, at least in last half year I havent. I remember when this started I was writing some message in Latvian and then it started glitching out, writing by itself and last word I wrote before this happened was sodien, which is the word it is typing all the time. I use software just for rgb, nothing else. When I removed it to check if that was the cause of the problem and it still persisted, I downloaded it again. 

Maybe windows has any macro features that you can trigger [question mark] 

7 hours ago, Wyo said:

The keyboard software has ability to do macros, I imagine Windows has its own thing buried somewhere too, but the problem is I have never used macros, at least in last half year I havent. I remember when this started I was writing some message in Latvian and then it started glitching out, writing by itself and last word I wrote before this happened was sodien, which is the word it is typing all the time. I use software just for rgb, nothing else. When I removed it to check if that was the cause of the problem and it still persisted, I downloaded it again. 

Maybe windows has any macro features that you can trigger [question mark] 

Well don't forget that most of these devices now that are marketed towards gaming have on-board memory, the macro may be stored in the keyboard itself. It's my suggestion because it's the same characters over and over when you hit the same button. It leads me to believe that it's got a macro set up on the keyboard. It would probably be worth a try to reset the the profiles on the keyboard.

2 hours ago, YoFavRussian said:

My man @YoFavRussian big thanks. Used this link to find out about ASUS " Record macros on-the-fly " feature. Made complete reset on keyboard macros and everything works perfectly now. Thank you. 

-close