Best case for airflow performance and looks

Simony

So I am checking out cases and so far I cant seem to find one which has both. There are the very good airflow case which look like 10 years old. And then there are the gorgeus rgb ones but people say the thermals are very bad. So I want to have both which case do you recommend?

Meshify C if you're into that look.

Since looks are subjective, you need to either give us a lot of info on what you like or just keep looking til you find good looking ones and then ask about airflow.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

5 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

Meshify C if you're into that look.

Since looks are subjective, you need to either give us a lot of info on what you like or just keep looking til you find good looking ones and then ask about airflow.

So I like RGB. For example the corsair 465x, the musetex phantom, the H500. That kind.

Just now, Simony said:

So I like RGB. For example the corsair 465x, the musetex phantom, the H500. That kind.

Well the H500 is good for airflow as long as you use the mesh front and not the available closed off plastic front panel. The H500 was a close second for me when shopping for cases but I went for the Meshify instead

1 minute ago, TheBahrbarian said:

Well the H500 is good for airflow as long as you use the mesh front and not the available closed off plastic front panel. The H500 was a close second for me when shopping for cases but I went for the Meshify instead

I do like the meshify but it doesnt have rgb soo.

Just now, Simony said:

You can always add RGB fans, or use the RGB on your components.  For example I have my motherboard and GPU set to green for my theme in the Fractal R6.  No RGB fans, but the green glow is sufficient for me.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

Just now, Simony said:

If by "doesn't have RGB" you mean the fans that are included are not RGB, you are correct. But from my research when shopping for cases, very few cases included RGB fans, and almost none included addressable RGB fans, which is what I wanted. Plus I really wanted to do all the lighting work on the case myself so it could be personalized. So I just went with the meshify and upgraded to some Corsair LL fans, as well as added all the RGB components I wanted later. And honestly I am happy with the way the RGB complements the understated design of the meshify. The tinted glass looks fantastic, and the way the fans show through the mesh front is perfect.

1 minute ago, jstudrawa said:

You can always add RGB fans, or use the RGB on your components.  For example I have my motherboard and GPU set to green for my theme in the Fractal R6.  No RGB fans, but the green glow is sufficient for me.

Yep thats true i can get rid of 2 fans and just add rgb. Is the meshify good for airflow?

1 minute ago, TheBahrbarian said:

If by "doesn't have RGB" you mean the fans that are included are not RGB, you are correct. But from my research when shopping for cases, very few cases included RGB fans, and almost none included addressable RGB fans, which is what I wanted. Plus I really wanted to do all the lighting work on the case myself so it could be personalized. So I just went with the meshify and upgraded to some Corsair LL fans, as well as added all the RGB components I wanted later. And honestly I am happy with the way the RGB complements the understated design of the meshify. The tinted glass looks fantastic, and the way the fans show through the mesh front is perfect.

Couls you tell me the exact model you have please? And your rig? And do you have any photos of your pc

3 minutes ago, Simony said:

Couls you tell me the exact model you have please? And your rig? And do you have any photos of your pc

Yeah so the exact case I have is the Fractal Design Meshify C TG (the tinted glass model, they also make one with regular non-tinted glass).

My specs are 

Ryzen 5 3600x

ASUS B450-F Strix

Power Color Red Devil 5700xt

2 x 8gb G.skill TridentZ 3200 (I love the way this RAM looks btw, best look available IMO)

As far as added RGB I have:

3x Corsair LL120 fans

1x Phanteks Neon M5 RGB strip (I absolutely loved the diffused look these RGB strips have) + 1 Fractal Design RGB controller for the strip

And my GPU, RAM, and motherboard all have built in RGB

I don't have any pictures on hand but I will see if I have any later when I get a chance.

And I just looked at the ll fans. And they really have everything you need. But if i were to fill up the meshify with 6 of them they would cost around 180bucks which is very much

Here is an older pic, have new speakers and room setup but you can see a bit how it's an understated glow and not true flamboyant RGB.  

Emma 1.jpg

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

Other Tech:

1 minute ago, jstudrawa said:

Here is an older pic, have new speakers and room setup but you can see a bit how it's an understated glow and not true flamboyant RGB.  

Emma 1.jpg

Yeh i would like more rgb.

Just now, Simony said:

And I just looked at the ll fans. And they really have everything you need. But if i were to fill up the meshify with 6 of them they would cost around 180bucks which is very much

Any high quality fan that also includes addressable RGB is going to be really expensive. It's just the way it is. That why I steered clear of any included RGB case fans since I assumed they were probably cheap/crappy fans anyway since they cut corners simply to sell the RGB effects. But on a second note, 6 fans seems super overkill to me. The Meshify can fit 3 120mm fans up front but I think you need to take out the hard drive cages to do so (not an option for me). So I just have two up front (looks fine imo) and one exhaust. It seemed un-necessary to add two more fans up top (plus it would just add way too much clutter for me), on top of the fact I wanted to save the top mount for a radiator down the road.

4 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

Yeah so the exact case I have is the Fractal Design Meshify C TG (the tinted glass model, they also make one with regular non-tinted glass).

My specs are 

Ryzen 5 3600x

ASUS B450-F Strix

Power Color Red Devil 5700xt

2 x 8gb G.skill TridentZ 3200 (I love the way this RAM looks btw, best look available IMO)

As far as added RGB I have:

3x Corsair LL120 fans

1x Phanteks Neon M5 RGB strip (I absolutely loved the diffused look these RGB strips have) + 1 Fractal Design RGB controller for the strip

And my GPU, RAM, and motherboard all have built in RGB

I don't have any pictures on hand but I will see if I have any later when I get a chance.

You MOBO has argb headers right?

Just now, Simony said:

You MOBO has argb headers right?

Yeah the motherboard has 2x 12V argb headers, but the Phanteks strips that I really liked the look of are 5V strips so you need a controller unfortunately. There might be other strips out there that have a similar diffused look and are 12V compatible, but I didn't find any. Although I imagine you could probably find some on a Chinese website like Aliexpress. 

5 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

Any high quality fan that also includes addressable RGB is going to be really expensive. It's just the way it is. That why I steered clear of any included RGB case fans since I assumed they were probably cheap/crappy fans anyway since they cut corners simply to sell the RGB effects. But on a second note, 6 fans seems super overkill to me. The Meshify can fit 3 120mm fans up front but I think you need to take out the hard drive cages to do so (not an option for me). So I just have two up front (looks fine imo) and one exhaust. It seemed un-necessary to add two more fans up top (plus it would just add way too much clutter for me), on top of the fact I wanted to save the top mount for a radiator down the road.

So 3 fans is enough for good temps in case?

Just now, Simony said:

So 3 fans is enough for good temps in case?

For temps I think 3 fans is plenty. You are always going to get diminishing returns the more fans you add, and considering how expensive the fans are you would be much better off taking the money you saved from getting 3 fans instead of 6 and spending it on a good cooler for the CPU if you are worried about thermals.

4 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

For temps I think 3 fans is plenty. You are always going to get diminishing returns the more fans you add, and considering how expensive the fans are you would be much better off taking the money you saved from getting 3 fans instead of 6 and spending it on a good cooler for the CPU if you are worried about thermals.

Okay. Im almost sold on the case. Just want to see how the LL fans look inside and if they look good ill probably get it.

2 hours ago, TheBahrbarian said:

Yeah the motherboard has 2x 12V argb headers, but the Phanteks strips that I really liked the look of are 5V strips so you need a controller unfortunately. There might be other strips out there that have a similar diffused look and are 12V compatible, but I didn't find any. Although I imagine you could probably find some on a Chinese website like Aliexpress. 

I checked on the internet and the MOBO doesnt have any argb headers only 12v rgb. How did you connect your fans?

3 minutes ago, Simony said:

I checked on the internet and the MOBO doesnt have any argb headers only 12v rgb. How did you connect your fans?

All of the ARGB corsair fans come with their own fan hub and rgb controller. It makes for a lot of wiring, but you just control the fans with the Corsair ICue software.

13 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

All of the ARGB corsair fans come with their own fan hub and rgb controller. It makes for a lot of wiring, but you just control the fans with the Corsair ICue software.

Ohhhh right. And the controllers are conneced by usb?

8 minutes ago, Simony said:

Ohhhh right. And the controllers are conneced by usb?

Yeah the fan hub connects to a regular Chassis fan header and takes sata power, and the rgb controller connects to a usb header 

45 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

Yeah the fan hub connects to a regular Chassis fan header and takes sata power, and the rgb controller connects to a usb header 

Would you recommend using the commander pro? You can connect 6 fans for power to it and a fan led hub to it? Or should i use the node pro? But then I might not have enough fan ports on MOBO?

Phanteks P400A Digital.  Good airflow, RGB, looks good IMO.  I have one.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.