Samsung QM85F no image after wakeup

dasfrodo

Hi everybody,

so I've got a really weird issue here and I've been looking for a solution for a while now, but at this point I'm out of ideas. I have a Samsung QM85F here that is connected to a regular Mini-PC. That PC will turn itself off via a software over network every evening and turn on via the same software every morning (wake on LAN). In approximately 90% of the days this is fine, the connected display turns on as soon as it detects the PC booting and displays the image. However, the rest of the time the display turns on but either doesn't display anything (but stays on until evening when the pc shuts off) or just displays a white image (and stays on until evening when the pc shuts off).

I have four other displays in the same room that practically do the same thing and they work fine, but those are all Iiyama FT4938UHSC-B1AG. Thing is, they are also connected to a different prebuilt PC. The Samsung display is running on a HP ProDesk 400 G4 and the Iiyama displays are running on HP Z2 Mini G3 Performance PCs.

I've tried using HDMI and DP, I've tried using/replacing HDMI to DP or DP to HDMI adaptors. I've looked through and tried all different power saving settings on the screen I could find, but nothing did help.

Is there anything in Windows that I could maybe set up so this doesn't happen anymore? Or is it likely a problem with the screen? Is there anything else I could try? Is there a known cause for this? Unfortunately there is no practical way for me to just try tons of things as every attempt is a 3h drive both ways and then I have to wait for display to fail again, or not fail (hopefully).

Thank you very much in advance.