Android 10, removes Android Auto from Apps

Anomnomnomaly

I replaced my phone a month ago, got the Motorola One Vision and it's been pretty good.

I use Android Auto quite a bit when driving... but over the weekend, a new update for my phone became available... from android 9 to 10.

Since updating, I've had a few annoyances... like the 'at a glance' feature on the home screen that cannot be removed at all (read a lot about others who are pissed off at this)... But the most annoying thing is that android auto... which is still installed. Has been removed from the apps list.  So there's no way to actually launch it.

This appears to be intentional from what I can tell... But info seems to be sketchy so I can't 100% confirm it.

Has anyone else noticed this... is there a way to fix it? All I need is a shortcut to it on my home screen... but there's no way to get it because it's hidden from the app list.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

OK, so I've been researching this for the last 36hrs and had come up blank...

But after going through several more search pages of useless links.  I found this.

https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/9468382?hl=en&ref_topic=6347951

Which basically says that from android 10, auto is a built in app... and those upgrading need to make sure it's installed before hand... which it was and the 'icon' would be carried over.... Which it wasn't.

It then tells you that there's a separate app available simply to allow you to open the app from an icon you can place on your home screen.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead.phonescreen

Whoever decided that was a good idea is a 'cucking funt'... hiding apps and making you install a second app just to be able to open it... moronic doesn't even come close.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.